Company: Douglas Emmett Management, LLC
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: November 26, 2022
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include but are not limited to the
following, as other duties may be assigned.
- Answer telephones and provide leasing information, make
appointments to show apartments, take maintenance requests, etc.
Any calls needing managerial information or assistance will be
referred to the Manger or Assistant Manager.
- Greet prospects, determine their needs, have prospects fill out
guest cards, photo copy guest's drivers license prior to showing
models or vacant apartments, answer questions regarding the
- Administer and follow the Fair Housing Laws and ask every guest
if they would like to complete a rental application.
- Explain and check applications, collect deposits, verify
application information. Upon verification of application, deposit
and lease will be given to the Manager for approval. Applications
should be verified within 24 hours.
- Compile reports from guest cards and submit to Manager on a daily
basis. If the prospect leases, place guest cards into a permanent
- Send a thank you card to every qualified prospect that did not
lease. Cards will be mailed within 24 hours of initial visit.
- Notify guest whose applications were not approved, by sending a
form letter with bureaus to contact for answers.
- Prepare move-in information upon approval of leases. Review and
explain information to resident (i.e., gate codes/cards, parking
assignment, lease agreement, community policies and move-in
- Leasing agent must conduct a walk-thru, and complete the move-in
inventory sheet prior to tenant move in.
- Inspect models and leasing office daily to ensure that each is
spotless and representative of Douglas Emmett standards. Submit a
description of location, condition and rental status to the Manager
and Senior Leasing Agent. Any needed work will be reported to the
Manger and the maintenance request submitted. Models must be opened
every morning and secured every evening.
- Keep informed about other DE communities, referring the prospect
when unable to assist them at your property.
- Maintain courteous communications with residents, applicants and
representatives of other companies.
- Attend monthly/weekly leasing meetings, and provided
- Assist in follow-up on work orders.
- Assist with Outreach Marketing Program.
- Review all advertising and keep abreast of all rates, incentives
and concessions at the community, as well as competitive
communities. Any suggestions will be directed to the Manager and
Senior Leasing Agent.
- Handle resident concerns in the absence of Resident Manger or
- Assist with the planning and execution of Resident Retention
Programs and resident activities.
- Help to obtain maximum renewals of existing resident leases in
accordance with Douglas Emmett renewal policies and procedures.
- High school diploma.
- Broad knowledge of California Tenant/Landlord law and Fair
- Prior experience with on-site computer software or a willingness
- Demonstrates initiative, professionalism, integrity, and
exercises confidentiality of all areas of performance.
- Projects a professional image by meeting all DE dress code
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to
communicate in a positive and professional manner with residents,
employees and vendors.
- Good customer service skills.
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Douglas Emmett Management, LLC, Santa Monica , Leasing Agent, Sales , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!