Lead Data Analyst
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: November 18, 2022
About The JobDisney Streaming is the leading premium streaming
service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without
commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the
intersection of entertainment and technology, Disney Streaming has
a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We
captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're
looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through
innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and
see what this is all about.Data Analysts in the Disney Streaming
Engagement & Retention Analytics team are the analytics partner for
the organization's Growth Marketing team. They support Disney's
streaming services through measurement, analysis, and insight
generation. These analysts focus on helping our subscribers get the
most value out of our services, and improving business results
through the combination of statistical rigor, data analysis, and
fast paced execution with an emphasis on driving practical business
recommendations.What You'll Do
- Goaling and Critical Metrics:Work "full-stack" to define
critical and goal metrics with cross-functional partners, forecast
outcomes, and measure pacing against those targets.
- Business Performance Reporting, Visualization, and Regression
Management:Be the primary partner for multi-functional partners to
understand engagement and retention on the platform. When
engagement is ahead or behind expectations, dig in to drive
meaningful, practical insights that help the business performance
improve or double down on success.
- ETL & Metric Design:Own metric design and creation by defining
business requirements, framework & optimization, and long-term data
- Deep-Dive Analysis:Analyze user behavior to identify patterns,
uncover opportunities, and create a shared understanding of how our
subscribers are engaging with the platform & content.
- Forecasting, and Opportunity Sizing:Both to set goals and help
evaluate potential opportunities, this role will be tasked with
forecasting and opportunity sizing. This will help business
partners evaluate trade-offs in different approaches, and create
targets for driving business performance.
- Partnership:Partner closely with business partners to identify
and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve
platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, data
visualization, and data architecture.What To Bring
- At least 7 years of analytical experience.
- At least 5 years work experience using SQL and Python/R or
other statistical programming languages.
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools
like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, etc.
- Understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing,
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market
and consumer information.
- Superb communication skills, as well as written and verbal
presentation skills.Basic Education
- Degree in an analytical field.Additional
InformationDISNEYTECHJust like the best ensemble casts of our
favorite shows, Disney Streaming embraces diversity and is an
inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race,
religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: The Walt Disney Company, Santa Monica , Lead Data Analyst, Professions , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!