Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)
Job Code: 12605
Pay Grade: TBD
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a
family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by
advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 75 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning
its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers,
manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on
visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical
KARL STORZ is currently seeking a highly motivated Data Analyst to
join the Sales Analytics team. The ideal candidate has expertise in
big data, data analytics, Tableau and predictive modeling. They are
passionate about creating business value by designing and
developing robust and performant data models. They have strong
problem-solving skill, a keen attention to detail, ability to work
in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid
skills in project management.
Reporting to the Sales Analytics Manager, the Data Analyst will
collaborate across marketing, sales and operations teams to design
and develop datasets and reports in Tableau, as well as perform
analysis which provides actionable insights to help stakeholders in
This opportunity will get you working on large scale structured and
unstructured data sets, applying various data engineering and
modeling techniques on real-world datasets to build and deploy
models. A well-qualified candidate will be highly technical with
strong business acumen. The successful candidate is a self-starter
with abundant intellectual curiosity who excels at framing problems
analytically, is comfortable working through ambiguity, and has a
proven track record of leveraging analytical insights to drive
- Mine data, perform quantitative analysis and create clear and
actionable narratives about our customers, their behaviors, and
drivers of retention and engagement.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to design, build
and automate data pipelines, datasets, reports and dashboards in
Tableau to provide actionable insight into business metrics,
customers, products, and sales force.
- Leverage data wrangling, engineering and analytics techniques
to investigate internal data and external data (e.g., health claims
data) to boost our understanding of the medical devices market or
to generate new customer leads.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales teams to understand business
context, develop metrics to measure performance, iterate and
improve on data insights and solutions to deliver actionable
information to the business.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including marketing, sales,
customer service, finance etc. on initiatives that improve our
company-level KPIs and match our business priorities.
- Develop and deploy solutions for solving business problems
using predictive modeling techniques.
- Build intuitive interfaces, infographics, and visualizations to
tell stories with data.
- Create presentations with analysis and insights for both
technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be constantly curious and continue to pursue in-depth
explorations of our datasets.
- Communicate complicated data findings in a clear and concise
manner to stakeholders.
- Ad-hoc analysis to address urgent high impact analysis for
- A Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g.,
Finance, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Math,
Engineering) or equivalent consulting experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience in data analytics,
including building and deploying enterprise-wide data pipelines and
models with applications to real-world problems.
- A minimum of three years of experience with data exploration
and visualization like Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, etc. It is a plus
if you can share a portfolio of clear, intuitive and insightful
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in designing,
developing, and scripting data pipelines, data sources and
dashboards in Tableau. (Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep and Tableau
- Proficient in SQL and/or other data query languages. Experience
of handling large scale data with efficiency. Familiar with Python
or R is a plus.
- Strong knowledge about ETL process, data modeling and data
- Understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing,
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to translate
technical solutions and methodologies to executive leadership.
- Demonstrated success working in a collaborative,
service-oriented team environment.
- Experience working in a cross-functional setting, managing the
full lifecycle of projects.
- Experience working well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and
delivering results in a dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for
- Advanced problem-solving, organizational, analytical and
critical thinking skills.
- Proven experience with tolerance for ambiguity working through
incubation to actual product definition.
- Pragmatic attitude and ability to rapidly iterate and evolve
ideas into practical implementations.
- Experience in medical device or healthcare industry is a
Vaccine requirements at KARL STORZ due to COVID-19
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for
our employees and therefore we require the COVID-19 vaccine for all
of our employees unless otherwise due to an underlying medical
condition or sincerely held religious beliefs. During the interview
process, we encourage you to ask how COVID-19 may impact the role
you are seeking and if you require a reasonable accommodation
regarding the vaccine requirement see below on the process for
requesting accommodation. Please click here to learn more about our
overall response to COVID-19.
Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state of the art wellness
program and pet insurance, too!
- 3 weeks' vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the
employee's first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
- Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible
except for where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not
eligible to participate in KARL STORZ benefits program.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's
job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during
the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its
supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside
their normal description within the sole discretion of the
supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ
policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where
employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To
achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices and all
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any
other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to
providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process.
Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL
STORZ's Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our
preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance
additional talent options are required. Your respect for this
process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited
Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL
STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral
Keywords: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America, Santa Monica , Data Analyst, Professions , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!