Supply Chain Director
Company: Alchemee (formerly The Proactiv Company)
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: June 22, 2022
At Alchemee, we aspire to inspire by creating science-based
solutions that are as effective as they are transformative.
Alchemee's portfolio of brands deliver effective products rooted in
introducing wellness options that provide life changing results and
empower the world one person at a time.
Our flagship brand, Proactiv, is a leader in treating acne and has
helped more than 20 million customers achieve clear skin. Simply
put, at Alchemee our vision is to inspire the world to feel
comfortable and powerful in their own skin and our mission is to
create science-based solutions that provide better skin for
We are looking for forward-thinking individuals who are driven with
a customer-first approach. Individuals who thrive on challenge and
are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we
fundamentally believe every colleague brings unique value to our
whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and
valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective
The Director of Supply Chain will own the performance of contract
manufacturing partners, raw ingredients, and component suppliers.
This position is responsible for ensuring in stocks at plants of
all raw materials and components, ensuring sufficient weeks of
supply, and guaranteeing the CMO's perform in order to execute to
customer delivery expectations On Time In Full. This position will
create integrated processes among sourcing, marketing, brand,
operations, logistics, quality, and outside suppliers to execute
the sourcing of components and finished goods, allocation, and
replenishment processes. The Director, Supply Chain will lead
critical programs and projects across the supply chain to create
efficiencies, improve processes, and create visibility.
The ideal candidate is forward thinking and proactive about
identifying opportunities for improvement while developing
solutions. This person has a passion for bringing best practices
into the business while actively sharing business perspectives,
knowledge and lessons learned to contribute and support a
best-in-class global standard.
- Implement supply chain management best practices in technology
and infrastructure such as systems integration and optimization,
inventory control, demand planning, product and packaging
manufacturing, and fulfillment to ensure business can scale and
- Lead S&OP for the company.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives with
key strategic suppliers: cost savings, lead-time and minimum order
quantity reduction, increased inventory turns, improved processes,
KPI's and metrics, etc.
- Direct oversight of purchasing raw materials, components, and
finished goods. Ensure maintenance of safety stock as well as
having inventory to service customers and scale the business.
- Oversee preparation of formal bid invitations and
correspondence; direct bidding process/operations; analyze and
recommend the lowest and/or best bid; and award bid contracts.
- Monitor supplier performance and maintain list of approved
suppliers who have met established performance standards including
purchase requirements, prices, and deliveries.
- Serve as direct liaison between Supply Chain and other
cross-functional groups including Finance, Marketing,
Product/Package Development, Manufacturing, Quality, and Regulatory
to focus on attaining organizational objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Finance
or Logistics, preferred Master's Degree in Business or Supply
- Ten (10) or more years of Supply Chain sourcing experience in
Skin Care, Personal Care, Beauty or Pharmaceutical industry,
- Three (3) or more years of experience managing a team of direct
reports including staffing and performance development is
- Seven or more years of contract manufacturing, component, and
raw ingredient experience.
- Strong contract negotiations skills and project management
- Manufacturing, Lean Thinking Principles / Six Sigma, Finance,
Oracle 11i, Planning and/or Logistics experience, preferred.
- Proven ability to lead projects and programs and demonstrated
record of successfully executing deliverables.
- Experience working in fast-paced start-up environment,
impeccable attention to detail, and ability to base decisions off
of facts and data.
- Knowledge of supply chain best practices and well versed in
- Knowledge and/or experience with manufacturing systems (MRP,
ERP, forecasting, etc.) as well as advanced computer skills in
Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and
other computer systems.
- Travel requirements 25%.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and
are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
Note: Please, no external agencies or third parties.
Keywords: Alchemee (formerly The Proactiv Company), Santa Monica , Supply Chain Director, Professions , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!