Quality Control Inspector - Santa Monica [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Quality Control Inspector - Santa Monica [HYBRID] AddThis
Sharing Buttons Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to
LinkedIn Share to Email App
- Job ID: 71041872
- Job Family: Transmission / Distribution
- Location: Santa Monica, CA US
- Salary: 32.60-48.85 Job Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become a Quality Control Inspector
at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In
this job, you'll focus on activities conducted during the Planning
phase of the work order IPSEC lifecycle: Initiate, Plan, Schedule,
Execute, and Close.These activities include duct and trench
inspections, mandrelling, and structure inspections. As a Quality
Control Inspector , your work will help power our planet, reduce
carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready
to take on the challenge to help us build the future? A day in the
life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Coordinate and execute all activities related to inspections in
a timely manner that allows for high efficiency without sacrificing
customer satisfaction by efficiently prioritizing and managing
assignments to completion.
- Ensure that all district designs meet customers' electrical
service needs, while adhering to Distribution Design Standards,
Electrical Service Requirements, and Construction/Maintenance
- Proactively identify constructability issues when inspecting
projects, propose solutions, and take corrective action so work
orders are 100% executable when they are ready to be
- Coordinate and execute jobsite visits during construction to
explore opportunities for improvement with foreman and keep
planners advised of progress and status of projects to ensure
completion of project by customer commitment data.
- Respond in a timely manner to address and resolve customer
concerns related to inspection activities such as duct, trench, and
- Serve as a resource to crews, foremen, and supervisors by
identifying potential safety hazards with work order designs during
inspection activities and propose solutions to alleviate such
concerns and maintaining technical knowledge and expertise needed
to safely and optimally prep jobs and support IPSEC process.
- Maintain a safety conscious work environment.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Three or more years of experience in Distribution Line
Construction, Planning, or Civil Construction.
- Possess a valid U.S. Driver License. The preferred
- Experience applying time management skills to planning and
prioritizing a heavy workload.
- Experience with safe work practices, basic electrical theory,
construction/maintenance standards (i.e., GO95 and GO128), and the
electric distribution system.
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment
to meet shared goals and objectives.
- Experience interfacing and collaborating with internal and
- Ability to create and maintain a safety conscious work
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation,
leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to
effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning. You
- This position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will report
to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, hiring
process, and more!
- Position will require up to 85% traveling and being out in the
field throughout the SCE service territory.
- Relocation does not apply to this position. Testing
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. Reference our Information Guides for the
following tests: Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test
#8203). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s),
in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep
the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the
kind of innovation that's changing an entire industry, and quite
possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner
energy, while providing our customers with the safety and
reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a chance to grow
personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern
California and around the world. At SCE, we celebrate our
differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not
discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status or any other protected status. We are
committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Santa Monica , Quality Control Inspector - Santa Monica [HYBRID], Other , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...