Disease Managment Program Coordinator LCSW PT
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Collaborates with Chief Physicians, staff physicians and
managers/care providers from multiple disciplines/departments to
manage the planning, development, implementation/ delivery and
evaluation/improvement of a disease management program for at-risk
patients in a behavioral healthcare population defined by a chronic
psychiatric disease state or disorder such as, but not limited to,
characterological disorders/conditions, depressive, anxiety and/or
personality disorders, dual diagnosis, substance addiction,
- Responsible for coordinating an integrated systematic care
management process/ program based on clinical pathways, protocols
- Such program directs the member/patient to appropriate and
timely specialty diagnostic and treatment care services across the
full continuum of care.
- Provides comprehensive on-going care management that meets
established standards/ benchmarks for efficiency, improved clinical
outcomes, quality, resource utilization, cost effectiveness,
evidence-based treatment plans and improves members quality of life
- In the program planning/development stage, acts as project
manager to develop a strategic/business plan which meets access,
cost, quality and member/patient satisfaction goals and needs.
- Utilizes a multi-disciplinary team approach/process to develop
and implement clinical pathways and care management
- Identify and stratify at-risk patient populations.
- Analyze practice patterns/variations.
- Establish care/treatment benchmarks.
- Design a disease care model for analyzing disease components
and interventions which addresses all components of patient care
including patient self-management, education/teaching, and
stratified interventions based on illness severity and
- Pilot tests new and administers/communicates on-going program
in conjunction with Chief Physicians and care
- Manages disease-specific data collection, analysis, and
reporting based on financial, clinical, utilization, cost, best
practices, and baseline metrics.
- Problem solves program issues and treatment variations.
- Analyzes program outcomes actually achieved vs intended
- Monitors and resolves program compliance issues involving
providers and patients.
- Evaluates disease management program in terms of utilization
review/resource issues such as treatment variances, goal
achievement of interventions, effective interaction between all
clinicians/providers, appropriateness of program care model,
quality improvement and patient/member satisfaction.
- Conducts analyses related to protocol/treatment plan compliance
as well as clinical, quality, communication, financial/cost
outcomes and makes recommendations for program revisions.
- Monitors, evaluates and improves patient access provided by
care managers via telephone and other means in order to improve
patient self-care/management, compliance and participation in care
- Acts as organization liaison with relevant community agencies,
organizations and task forces.
- Minimum four (4) years of behavioral health case management
experience in a relevant chronic disease in an acute medical
- Minimum four (4) years of experience analyzing/improving
behavioral health care clinical practices/processes and clinical
performance in an acute medical center.
- Masters degree in clinical social work from an institution
accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (California)
- Ability to conduct and utilize processes, principles and
practices of program evaluation and case management
- Demonstrated knowledge of human development and
psychotherapeutic theories/principles and practices.
- Ability to utilize project management skills and abilities, as
well as consulting and interpersonal skills ( communication,
influencing, negotiating, persuasion).
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
Job Category: Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual
Keywords: Kaiser, Santa Monica , Disease Managment Program Coordinator LCSW PT, Other , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...