IT Desktop Support Specialist II
Company: Activision Blizzard,Inc.
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Job Title:IT Desktop Support Specialist IIRequisition
ID:R020026Job Description:Your PlatformActivision Blizzard plays a
centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by
supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse
range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as
Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and
Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica,
we encompass equal parts agility, creativity, and rigor to enhance
the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out
ator on Twitter at.Your MissionAs the Desktop Support Specialist
II, you will be responsible for the desktop infrastructure
specializing in PC/Mac/mobile devices. The technician will work
within the Desktop Systems team on a special project. This includes
(but not limited to) imaging and setting up/deploying
computers/mobile devices, providing onsite and remote hardware and
software troubleshooting, break-fix, manage incoming
incident/request tickets, support calls, etc.Relationships:
- Report to the Sr. Manager of Desktop Systems
- Work closely with IT Support Coordinator and Inventory Admin on
proper processing of Onboarding/OffboardingDuties and
- Image, setup, deploy computers/mobile devices including
package/ship by working with support team members, Mailroom staff
and end users.
- Support end users on-site and remote (including VIPs) with IT
onboarding, training/classes, day to day, etc.
- Assist with office/cubicle moves (IT equipment) / Return to
Office projects and operational.
- Monitor/triage tickets and perform remote support as part of
Service Desk team and/or perform customer-facing support as part of
Desktop Support team.
- Responsible for working and tracking cases from beginning
- Perform installations, adds, moves, and changes for PCs,
monitors, printers and related peripherals.
- Perform software and hardware configuration across diverse
- Setup and support mobile devices including both Android and
- Partner with IT management and security team to ensure that all
systems adhere to security policies and any compliance
- Participate in 24/7 IT coverage for the critical business
environment and applications.
- Adhere to Global IT change control policies, standards, and
- Continually researches and keeps abreast of new computer
infrastructure, computer system operating environments and new
- Perform backup support to users globally EU/APAC (Europe and
Asia Pacific) and collaborate with Service Desk and Desktop Support
counterparts in EU/APAC
- Perform archive restores, manage user and computer accounts in
AD, patch management, manage VPN accounts, Aspera requests, respond
to security alerts/resolutions, password resets, IBM BigFix Asset
Management, and all other duties as assigned.Player ProfileMinimum
- 5+ years IT experience in a support, and/or project-based
environment, previous experience as a Service Desk or Desktop
Support Technician (Help Desk) required.
- 2+ years working with Executive and Director level
- 2+ years of experience in support & troubleshooting Windows &
Mac OS platforms including mobile devices running Apple iOS &
- 2+ years of experience with client-side troubleshooting of
network services (i.e., DNS, DHCP, and certificate-based
- Minimum 1-year experience with Active Directory and O365
- Work with all types of people and ability to communicate with a
broad spectrum of individuals.
- Ability to work multiple incidents and effectively manage
resolution of tickets.
- Innate understanding of urgency and the escalation of issues
quickly when appropriate
- Analytical skills to assist in the resolution of complex issues
that may be time sensitive.
- Ability to assess resource requirements to support an
- Ability to estimate effort to complete tasks.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and manage
- 2+ years' work experience in Media/Entertainment industry a
plusWe love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing
the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us
decide! Research shows that women and members of other
under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think
they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often
do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive
environment and strongly encourage you to apply.We are committed to
working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals
with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled
individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open
position, please email your request to
firstname.lastname@example.org General employment
questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your
interest.Our World Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one
of the world's largest and most successful interactive
entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media,
technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most
beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty -, World of
Warcraft -, Overwatch -, Diablo -, Candy Crush--- and Bubble
Witch---. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of
millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the
largest gaming network on the planet!Our ability to build immersive
and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an
inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone
can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic
entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote
physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' -
we've got our employees covered!The videogame industry and
therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve.
As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be
changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and
support our business and relationships with industry partners.We
are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status, among other characteristics.RewardsWe provide a suite of
benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being
for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered! Subject to
eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health
reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care
spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays,
compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and
discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs
like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection,
rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for
the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation
assistance.Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary
for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with
the Company. You can learn more by visiting .In the U.S., the
standard base pay range for this role is $18.69 - $34.62 Hourly.
This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to
locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on
experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive
base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive
compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Keywords: Activision Blizzard,Inc., Santa Monica , IT Desktop Support Specialist II, Other , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...