Authorizations Coordinator - Oncology, Santa Monica
Company: University of California
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Job Title: Authorizations Coordinator - Oncology, Santa
UC Job Title: BLANK AST 3
Job Number: req29977
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am- 5pm
Job Type: career
Work Location: Santa Monica
Salary Range: 26.99 - 38.66
Under the supervision of the Managers, in this role, you will be
responsible for obtaining authorization for and scheduling
chemotherapy, injections, and procedures within the office, at UCLA
facilities, and at outside facilities. Provide a high level of
customer service. Major duties include: verifying insurance
benefits for requested procedures and medications, confirming and
obtaining appropriate authorization for office visits, procedures,
chemotherapy, etc., and special projects as assigned.
Salary range: $26.99-$38.66 Hourly
* Working knowledge of insurance authorization and verification
process for major medical insurance plan
* Experience with varied computer software and hardware including
word processing, knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, the
internet and with an EMR system
* Typing skills to prepare forms and correspondence with speed and
* Possesses strong customer service skills to promote pleasant and
effective interactions with patients, staff, and physicians.
* Knowledge of billing and diagnosis codes and medical office
* Ability to set priorities and complete assignments in a timely
manner under minimal supervision.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology.
* Advanced organizational skills to ensure a workable, efficient
workspace and accomplish established objectives.
* Skill in adapting to and implementing frequently changing
* Knowledge of State and Federal programs to ensure reimbursement
from Medicare, Medi-Cal, or other sponsoring agencies.
* Skill in analyzing information, problems, situations, practices,
and procedures to recognize alternatives and provide solutions.
* Ability to problem-solve with other members of the clinic team
while maintaining cooperative working relationships with
administrators, physicians, peers, and the public.
* Skill in recognizing an emergency or high priority situation and
taking appropriate and immediate action. Demonstrated ability to
maintain composure when confronted by difficult situations and to
* Skill in speaking clearly and using appropriate grammar.
* Ability to work as part of a team, maintaining confidentiality in
all assignments, and showing initiative in identifying and solving
problems as they occur.
* General knowledge of oncology procedures and terminology.
* Working knowledge of third party payor verification terminology
to determine benefit eligibility and interpretation of
* Knowledge of patient assistance programs
Bargaining Unit: CX
Layoff Referral Deadline:
Posted Date: 11/10/2022
Posting Category: Clerical/Administrative
Keywords: University of California, Santa Monica , Authorizations Coordinator - Oncology, Santa Monica, Other , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!