Meat - Cutter
Company: Bristol Farms
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Who Is Bristol Farms?
Since opening our first market in Rolling Hills, CA, Bristol Farms
has brought people together around a love for cooking and sharing
delicious food. We have worked to create a community of curious
foodies - people who enjoyed exploring the aisles and discovering
new and exciting ingredients. We know that in order to achieve this
goal, we must provide the freshest, highest-quality, locally
sourced meat, seafood and produce, compliment it with an awesome
array of groceries in each aisle and create an extraordinary
experience for each and every guest.
To create that experience, we rely on our amazing team members and
leaders to provide extraordinary service; to create a fun,
interactive and engaging environment where we invite the guest to
participate in the experience.
We seek out team members who not only enjoy food but are passionate
about it. Team Members who thrive in a fast-paced environment and
can still maintain a calm demeanor, who have a positive attitude
and work well in a team environment. People who are warm, outgoing,
authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged and proud
of where they work. We look for team members who can connect with
people and reach a level of hospitality that exceeds guests'
Ingredients You'll Bring to the Table
You love food and have the ability to create an experience that is
beyond the everyday. You have a positive attitude and work well in
a team environment. You can connect with people and reach a level
of hospitality that exceeds guests' expectation. You are warm,
outgoing, authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged
and proud of where you work, You embody a spirit of
entrepreneurship and mutual respect. You approach every situation
with a YES! attitude and seek to find a solution to all
opportunities that arise.
What Will Be On Your Plate?
Bristol Farms / Lazy Acres Natural Market
Job Title: Meat Cutter
Reports To: Meat Manager and Store Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
This is a customer service driven position. Not only does the Meat
Cutter need to have the necessary knowledge and skill to work the
equipment, but he or she must also have the willingness,
commitment, and motivation to serve customers and the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Meat Cutter cuts, trims, bones, ties, and grinds meats to
portion and prepares meat in cooking form while under the
supervision of the Meat Manager by performing the following duties
(other duties may be assigned):
- Cuts, trims, and bones carcass sections or prime cuts to reduce
to cooking cuts such as roasts, steaks, chops, stew cubes, and
- Works out by products -- lamb necks, riblets, veal products --
assures nothing gets old.
- Breaks veal and lamb.
- Cuts and weighs steaks and chops for individual servings.
- Tends electric grinder to grind meat.
- Shapes and ties roasts. Fills showcase once meat has been
- Receives, inspects, and stores meat upon delivery.
- Assures that deliveries are put away and rotated.
- Informs Meat Manager on status of stock -- especially shortage
- Assures back-up supply of marinated products and sale
- Assures that enough counter help is on the floor to guarantee
excellent customer service.
- Assures that customer special requests are met with
- Provides information to customers about all the cuts of lamb,
pork, beef, poultry, and types of sausage, convenience items and
- Prepares convenience items for the show case including but not
limited to kabobs, stir-fry, stuffed items, and marinated
- Provides customers with information regarding the preparation
of product in the showcase.
- Maintains all Meat Department display cases up to Bristol Farms
- Responsible to organize and direct all Meat Cutters in
prioritizing tasks; checking production and quality control;
maintaining proper rotation of all perishable products; receiving
procedures; sanitation and safety; management.
- Trains all Meat Cutters and Apprentices to cut meat and display
according to merchandising plan.
- To learn Assistant Manager job responsibilities for
consideration of future advancement.
- Engages and coaches others in suggestive selling
- Responsible for serving customers with excellent service and
adhering to the "15 Second Service" policy.
- Ensures the active practice of "7 Points to Extraordinary
- Follows the owner/partner handbook at all times, especially on
service standards and appearance.
- At all times, meets and exceeds Bristol Farms standards in
service, quality, and cleanliness.
At times, may directly supervise 3-5 employees in the Meat
Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance
with Bristol Farms policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include: training; planning, assigning and directing work;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Customer Service Skills (15 Second Service policy)
All Meat Cutters are required to acknowledge and/or greet customers
within the first 15 seconds of the customer's arrival. Customers
are to be greeted and/or acknowledged while waiting at a counter,
or as they are passed on the sales floor. The "Seven Points to
Extraordinary Service" are to be fully executed by Meat Cutters at
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); six months
to one-year related experience and /or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers, or employees of
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to add, subtract, divide, and
multiply using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to resolve
conflicts in such a manner to create a win-win situation. Ability
to analyze a variety of situations, think through to a solution and
implement the solution.
Knowledge Of English
This is a customer service driven position. The candidate must have
the ability to speak, read and understand English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls. The employee occasionally is required
to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required
to climb or balance and bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close and color vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly
works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally
exposed to extreme heat and/or cold, to electrical shock, and to
risk of burn. The noise level in the work environment is usually
Why You'll Love Working at Bristol Farms:
- Amazing earning potential, paid weekly!
- A values-based culture that will engage and empower your growth
- A strong training program that will build your restaurant and
guest service skills
- Opportunity for growth within our family of brands
- Benefits available - Including medical, dental, vision, and
- Numerous scholarship opportunities available to full & part
time team members
- 20% discount at all Bristol Farms and Lazy Acres locations
- $60 credit to Shoes for Crews every 6 months of employment
#TAL1 Associated topics: baker, banquet, battender, cheese, cook,
food processing, ice cream, kitchen, poultry, tea
Keywords: Bristol Farms, Santa Monica , Meat - Cutter, Other , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!