Food Service - Clerk
Company: Bristol Farms
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Who Is Bristol Farms?
Since opening our first market in Rolling Hills, CA, Bristol Farms
has brought people together around a love for cooking and sharing
delicious food. We have worked to create a community of curious
foodies - people who enjoyed exploring the aisles and discovering
new and exciting ingredients. We know that in order to achieve this
goal, we must provide the freshest, highest-quality, locally
sourced meat, seafood and produce, compliment it with an awesome
array of groceries in each aisle and create an extraordinary
experience for each and every guest.
To create that experience, we rely on our amazing team members and
leaders to provide extraordinary service; to create a fun,
interactive and engaging environment where we invite the guest to
participate in the experience.
We seek out team members who not only enjoy food but are passionate
about it. Team Members who thrive in a fast-paced environment and
can still maintain a calm demeanor, who have a positive attitude
and work well in a team environment. People who are warm, outgoing,
authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged and proud
of where they work. We look for team members who can connect with
people and reach a level of hospitality that exceeds guests'
Ingredients You'll Bring to the Table
You love food and have the ability to create an experience that is
beyond the everyday. You have a positive attitude and work well in
a team environment. You can connect with people and reach a level
of hospitality that exceeds guests' expectation. You are warm,
outgoing, authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged
and proud of where you work, You embody a spirit of
entrepreneurship and mutual respect. You approach every situation
with a YES! attitude and seek to find a solution to all
opportunities that arise.
What Will Be On Your Plate?
Job Title: Food Service Clerk
Department: Food Service
Reports To: Food Service Manager
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
This is an entry level position, as such some extra pluses are an
eagerness to learn and a liking for all types of people. Due to the
customer service nature of this position, it is imperative that a
Deli Clerk is enthusiastic, punctual, eager to serve and naturally
happy. A Deli Clerk must have strong communication skills, posses
the ability to handle high stress and volume of customers while
maintaining a positive shopping experience for the customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Deli Clerk serves prepared goods to customers at the deli
counter by performing the following duties (other duties may be
- Serves customers at the deli counter by listening to the
request and obtaining the desired product.
- Answers the telephone and takes orders when necessary.
- Itemizes prices for counter goods.
- Maintains price integrity and proper weights and measures as
mandated by California State Laws.
- Proper use of slicer to cut weighable product required.
- Wraps and/or boxes and labels product.
- Accurately scales all weighable products, including the use of
correct tares & codes to determine price.
- Makes sandwiches and prepares lunch and dinner specials.
- Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counter
and tables to promote sales.
- Stocks and replenishes product, napkins, condiments, waxed
paper, and any other items at the deli counter needed to provide
excellent customer service.
- Cleans counters, display cases and floors.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area at all times.
- Knows all cleaning chemicals authorized in the Deli Department
and understands proper usage.
- Maintains the Deli Department, including all cases, under
current health codes and Bristol Farms Lazy Acres standards on
sanitation and cleanliness.
- Follows the FIFO rotation system (First-in, First-out ).
Covers, labels, and dates all leftover foods. Utilizes leftover
foods before opening new product.
- Inspects food and food preparation; including measuring
temperatures throughout the preparation process, to maintain
quality and sanitation in accordance with the FDA and local health
departmental codes and Bristol Farms Lazy Acres stringent
- Follows safety work standards and reports any safety hazards to
- Serves customers with a smile and willing attitude. Assures
high sales through establishing relationships with customers to
ensure repeat business.
- May be required to work in other Food Service Departments such
as the Caf , Cheese, & Catering Departments.
- Follows policies set forth in the employee handbook at all
times, especially on service standards and appearance.
- Availability requirements include but are not limited to days,
evenings, weekends, & holidays.
- At all times, meets and exceeds Bristol Farms Lazy Acres
standards of excellence in service, quality, cleanliness,
appearance & presentation.
Customer Service Skills
Deli Clerks are expected to provide customer service that is extra
ordinary and exceeds the expectations of our customers. They are
required to follow established policies and guidelines that go
beyond simply smiling and greeting customers. Going above and
beyond encompasses attitudes, respect, and flexibility. Deli Clerks
are expected to have a positive "can-do" attitude; to treat others
with respect; and easily adjust to changes in the workplace.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, divide, and multiply using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to resolve
conflicts in such a manner to create a win-win situation.
Knowledge Of English
This is a customer service driven position. The candidate must have
the ability to speak, read and understand English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls. The employee occasionally is required
to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required
to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close and color vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly
works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally
exposed to extreme heat and/or cold, to electrical shock, and to
risk of burn. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate & occasionally loud.
Why You'll Love Working at Bristol Farms:
- Amazing earning potential, paid weekly!
- A values-based culture that will engage and empower your growth
- A strong training program that will build your restaurant and
guest service skills
- Opportunity for growth within our family of brands
- Benefits available - Including medical, dental, vision, and
- Numerous scholarship opportunities available to full & part
time team members
- 20% discount at all Bristol Farms and Lazy Acres locations
- $60 credit to Shoes for Crews every 6 months of employment
#TAL1 Associated topics: clean, cleaner, cleanliness, dish,
dishwasher, dishwasher steward, kitchen utility, lavavajillas,
service assistant, stewarding
Keywords: Bristol Farms, Santa Monica , Food Service - Clerk, Other , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!