Temporary Sales Associate
Company: Tapestry, Inc.
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Sales Associate Job Description
The Sales Associate role is an integral part of the store's overall
success and efficiency: demanding direct attention to our brand
commitment when servicing our customers and driving results.
Responsible for upholding Coach's Service and Selling Models,
creating a positive first impression, building on-going customer
relationships through a personalized experience, and leaving a
positive, lasting impression.
* Understands organizational objectives and makes decisions that
align with Company priorities
* Takes ownership and is committed to delivering results, while
remaining actively aware of personal and
store metrics; and creates personal sales and clienteling
strategies in partnership with the management
* Creates short- and long-term strategies to achieve personal
metrics and performance goals
* Takes ownership of personal survey results and creates plans to
improve and overcome areas of opportunity
* Represents Coach as a brand ambassador
* Demonstrates Coach's Selling and Service expectations at all
* Understands changes in local market with potential impact on
business performance and supports the
execution of local sales strategies and tactics
* Drives business through sales strategies, clienteling, sourcing
new customers and maintaining on-going
productive relationships with customers
* Creates positive impressions with customers by bringing best self
to work through attire consistent with
Coach's Guide to Style
* Builds credibility and trust as a personal fashion advisor by
communicating fashion awareness and a strong
knowledge of competition.
* Provides in-depth product knowledge, including features,
benefits, current offerings, and overall product
* Remains aware and is clearly able to communicate current pricing
and promotional strategy to customers.
* Discusses product features and builds the sale by leveraging
cross-selling skills and abilities.
* Cross-sells and encourages beneficial product add-ons that relate
to the customer's shopping needs
* Sensitive to customers' needs and tailors approach by reading
* Attends to the unique and individual shopping needs of each
* Works with multiple customers simultaneously and breaks away as
* Follows up with customers consistently and genuinely to
influence/close the sale
* Flexes personal selling techniques to contribute to overall store
* Builds lasting and loyal relationships with customers
* Leverages Coach's tools and technology to support relationship
building and clienteling efforts
* Creates enthusiasm and positivity for a shared vision and
* Promotes and endorses a team selling environment
* Fosters an environment of teamwork, trust and collaboration with
internal and external customers
* Remains solution oriented; is adaptable and flexible to changing
business and store needs
* Welcomes feedback and adapts behaviors as appropriate
* Maintains a calm and professional demeanor at all times
* Ensures all daily tasks are completed without negatively
impacting service or Coach standards
* Completes daily operational tasks including maintaining store
(sales floor and backroom), cash wrap and
visual merchandising to Coach standards consistently and in a
* Maintains a clean and tidy selling floor at all times
* Adheres to all applicable retail policies and procedures
including POS, Operations and Asset Protection
* Replenishes inventory on sales floor as needed* Supports Store
Inventory Process by processing shipment, stocking shelves,
replenishing sales floor, maintains strong organizational standards
as it relates to product both in the stockroom and on the sales
* Supports cash-wrap when needed to process purchases, returns, and
* Efficiently processes customer transactions: Purchase, Return,
Exchange, Found Order etc.
* Effectively helps to prepare store by organizing functional
areas, performs routine cleaning, maintains
strong organizational standards and maintains visual merchandising
* Drive For Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals
successfully. Is consistently one of the top
performers. Very bottom line oriented. Steadfastly pushes self and
others for results.
* Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and
requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first hand
customer information and uses it for improvements in products and
services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains
effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and
* Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas. Easily
makes connections among previously unrelated notions. Tends to be
seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
* Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kind of people up down
and sideways. Inside and outside the organization. Builds rapport.
Builds constructive and effective relationships. Uses diplomacy and
tact. Can diffuse even high tension situations comfortably.
* Learning on The Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems. A
relentless and versatile learner. Open to change. Analyzes both
successes and failures for cues to improve, experiments and will
try anything to find solutions. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar
tasks. Quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of
* Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to
finish. Seldom gives up on anything before finishing, especially in
the face of resistance or setbacks.
* Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change. Can
shift gears comfortably. Can decide to act without having the total
picture. Does not get upset when things are up in the air. Doesn't
have to finish things before moving on. Can comfortably handle risk
Experience: 1- 3 years of previous sales experience, preferably in
a luxury retail service environment. Possesses current knowledge of
fashion trends and competition in the marketplace.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; college degree
Technical: Knowledge of cash register systems, basic computer
skills (including the ability to use iPad/laptop,
Mobile POS and Internet), utilize walkie talkie, understand and
read price and product release sheets.
Physical: Ability to execute at a fast pace. Ability to communicate
effectively with customers and team. Ability to maneuver the sales
floor, sales shelves, and stock room; climbing, bending, and
kneeling are required. Ability to frequently lift and carry up to
25 pounds and, at times, lift and carry product/cartons up to 50
pounds to process product shipment/transfers
Schedule: Ability to meet Coach Scheduling & Availability
Expectations, including ability to work a flexible schedule,
including nights, weekends, and holidays high retail traffic and
sales days including but not limited to the day after Thanksgiving,
Memorial Day, Christmas Eve, Mother's Day, etc.).
Note: This document serves only as a sample of job duties and
responsibilities and does not include an exhaustive list of all
Tapestry, Inc., parent company of the Coach brand, is an equal
opportunity and affirmative action, employer and we pride ourselves
on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions
(including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer,
training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's
or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of
the position under consideration. These decisions are made without
regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion,
ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability,
marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other
legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Keywords: Tapestry, Inc., Santa Monica , Temporary Sales Associate, Other , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!