QC Microbiology Scientist
Company: Proclinical Staffing
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Proclinical is seeking to hire a QC Microbiology Scientist
located in Santa Monica, CA. As the QC Microbiology Scientist, you
will be responsible for compendial and rapid microbiology
laboratory methods, serves as the technical lead for evaluation,
validation, and implementation of new microbiology methods and EM
program.This individual will work closely with functional technical
operation teams supporting the organizational vision.Job
- Author, review and execute SOPs, Protocols, Reports relating to
GMP microbiology processes, test methods and related equipment
maintenance Participate and support regulator audits
- Implement, maintain, and oversee environmental monitoring
program, personnel monitoring, trending and analysis
- Oversight of microbiology programs such as growth promotion,
bioburden, BacT/ALERT rapid sterility, compendial sterility, and
- Conduct investigations regarding environmental monitoring (EM)
action level excursions, and out of specifications (OOS) results
for microbiological testing.
- Identify key Microbial technologies and oversee the project
from beginning to end
- Develop and refine strategies and methodologies for
microbiological testing, cleaning validations.
- Oversee and perform the day-to-day activities related to
Environmental Monitoring, product release testing, and
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as
assigned.Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in a related science field and 2+years OR Master's Degree
in a related science field and 6+ years OR Bachelor's Degree in a
related science and 8+ years of GXP experience in the biotech
and/or pharmaceutical industry specific to microbial contamination
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory guidance and industry best
- Demonstrated knowledge leading major investigations related to
- Strong knowledge and experience in several of the following
areas of competency: aseptic processing, clean room and
contamination control, environmental monitoring microbiological
methods and cleaning validation.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Microbiology principles,
theories, concepts and laboratory methodologies.
- Must demonstrate effective organizational skills and ability to
manage multiple projects.
- Must have demonstrated experience analyzing and interpreting
technical results and summarizing these results in technical
- Strong knowledge of aseptic manufacturing and EM processes
- Sit and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger,
handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach
with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and ability to adjust focus in order to read.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- May be required to travel by plane or car [include percentage]
of the time
- This position requires working with biological and/or chemical
hazardsIf you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any
questions, please contact Jackie Cerchio at (+1) 267-846-2026 or
firstname.lastname@example.org.Proclinical is a specialist employment
agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within
major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical
device companies.Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Proclinical Staffing, Santa Monica , QC Microbiology Scientist, Other , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!