Designer, Graphics & HTML
Company: Universal Music Group, Inc.
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: September 15, 2022
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading
music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry,
innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array
of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing,
merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we
produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and
commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce is becoming part of the fabric of music
culture. For artists, it's a way to develop and further articulate
their brand. For fans, it's another pathway to connecting with an
artist and the culture they represent.
UMG eCommerce is looking for a Designer - HTML & Graphics to create
design assets on behalf of many of the biggest and most iconic
artists in the world. This person must be comfortable with working
with web development, HTML5 creative for paid media, dynamic
creative and programmatic media. This person must be able to take
initiative, accurately interpret both internal and client feedback
into designs, and articulate creative concepts. Experience with
graphic design and production art in the retail and apparel space
is a plus. Candidates should have experience within CMS Platforms
like WordPress and eCommerce platforms like Shopify.
How you'll create:
* Bring to life dynamic and animated HTML creative for paid media
campaigns ie - animated banners and dynamic creative
* Create HTML newsletters through CMS platforms like DotDigital and
* Develop original social media, website, and merchandise
* Create beautiful and realistic product mockups for display in
* Design and refine presentation decks for a variety of needs
* Consistently deliver designs that meet and exceed both client
expectations and internal standards
* Comfortably manage a high volume of client design jobs on an
* Work directly with cross-functional teams and clients to realize
their design goals, gathering feedback and ensuring timely project
* Collaborate with the rest of the creative team to meet goals and
deadlines across multiple projects
* Inform feature set roadmap for e-commerce tech product
* Work with a range of clients in the entertainment business
* Occasionally work on website design and branding as necessary
Bring your vibe:
* 3-5 years' experience working as a graphic designer in a
* Degree in Graphic Design or an adjacent field
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator,
* Proficiency with Google Studio and other HTML5 creative
* 1+ years of HTML5, CSS, jQuery/Bootstrap, and JSON.
* Expert understanding of HTML5, CSS, and advanced animations
* Mobile and responsive banner/ad development and cross browser
support experience is a must
* Familiarity with digital creative technology packages, including
but not exclusively: Flashtalking, Jivox, Doubleclick Studio,
Sizmek, Adobe Innovid, Facebook, etc.
* Experience programming with 3D and other frameworks is a plus
* High level of comfort working on tight turnaround times while
accepting and integrating client feedback into design projects
* Availability to be on-call for select after-hours and weekend
* Ability to follow brand guidelines but bring something new to the
* Comfortability multitasking with strong organizational skills
* Highly creative and collaborative with excellent communication
* Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and
Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
* Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week "Winter Break"
& Wellness Fridays (year-round)
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after
12 months of service)
* Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved
* Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home
Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test
before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved
for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job
responsibilities that are subject to change.
Keywords: Universal Music Group, Inc., Santa Monica , Designer, Graphics & HTML, Other , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!