Company: Water Grill-Santa Monica
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionFor over 25 years, the Water Grill has sated the
palates of seafood lovers in Southern California. Hailed as "the
best seafood in Southern California" by the internationally
recognized Zagat Guide, Water Grill consistently offers dazzling
fish preparations of superior quality and freshness. We keep it
reel! Premium benefits, an amazing company culture, growth
opportunities, and more! Are you hooked yet?Competitive Hourly rate
plus commission (up to $18 per hour, plus commission on bottles of
wine)What do we bring to the table?
- Growth Opportunities
- Great training and commitment to promotions from within!
- Teamwork / Flexible Hours
- Education Reimbursement
- Generous Dining Discount
- Productive Environment
- Strong company culture
- Delicious food in a beautiful restaurant!The Wine Stewards
guide our Guests through a wine experience that will exceed their
expectations, while driving sales and providing excellent service
and wine knowledge. As the wine steward, you will pair wine and
food for Guests as requested or as helpful. You will impact the
Guest experience in all steps of service, to include: initial greet
(if applicable), order taking, confirmation of wine ordered and
proper service of said wine including decanting and suggestive
selling. You will move through the dining room communicating with
all Guests, crewmembers, managers and vendors in a courteous and
professional manner. You are pivotal in maintaining the physical
inventory and constantly evolving the wine list itself. ESSENTIAL
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- High school graduate, some college.
- Level 1 Court of Masters, WSET level 2, or equivalent
- Current CA Food Handler's Card.
- Ability to communicate verbal and written English with Guests,
management and co-workers.
- Ability to add Guest notes to Open Table database.
- Ability to open all wine/champagne bottles with ease regardless
of the difficulty of corks, openers, size of bottle, etc.
- Ability to recognize a wine that is up to our standard
- Complete knowledge of proper glassware to use and decanting
- Maintain knowledge of major winemaking regions, vineyards,
styles, vintages and producers and bottlings.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of the service
- Ability to describe characteristics, pricing and descriptions
of every wine/champagne "by the glass" selection and all major
wines on the wine list and dessert wine list.
- Understanding of state liquor regulations, particularly those
prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk
driving.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Drive sales at all times, keeping in mind the taste preference
and budget parameters of the Guest, using suggestive selling
- Visit table, take wine order, confirm during order-taking and
upon presentation of wine, serve wine in an expert manner including
proper pouring and decanting technique.
- On a shift-by-shift basis, build Open Table Guest notes
database to build history of Guest to better serve/sell to the
- Manage the evening's inventory of wine (restocking as
- Follow wine service standards for ringing in and tracking
- Maintain wine stock in service areas so wine can be served
quickly to Guest.
- Maintain neat and organized condition of all wine storage
- Maintain "Wine Bible" with one-page sheets for all current (and
past) wines on wine list.
- Ensure that any Guest that is not 100% satisfied with our
product or service is attended to immediately, and a manager is
- Ensure that restaurant wine glassware and decanters are at par,
available, and clean.
- Assist with inventories as directed by manager.
- Assist with wine ordering as directed by manager
- Assist with all other service to Guests as needed: Hosting,
Bussing, Running Food/Drinks, taking orders, etc.
- Actively participate ongoing Crew wine education
- Maintain an eye for details.
- Keep self at a level of high energy and engagement.
- Maintain and grow an enthusiasm for the wine program.
- Complete side work duties as assigned. Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Water Grill-Santa Monica, Santa Monica , Wine Steward, Other , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!