Accounts Payable Specialist
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)
Job Code: 12502
Pay Grade: US-C11
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a
family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by
advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 75 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning
its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers,
manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on
visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical
KARL STORZ is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist who
will be responsible for activities related to Invoice Processing
and Concur Expense Report reimbursements. The AP Specialist is
required to provide excellent customer service to internal and
This role will be based at our El Segundo, CA office with the
opportunity to work remote up to 3 days per week.
Key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
The AP Specialist will process PO and Non-PO invoices and can
handle Intercompany and or 3 rd Party Vendor invoices. Invoices
must be processed timely and within the defined AP SLA guidelines
and in compliance with Accounts Payable business processes. Invoice
processing must meet all month end deadlines, including In-Transit
reporting and Goods Receipt (GR) accounts must be reconciled every
month and aged items researched. This role will work with AP
Management and other internal groups e.g. Purchasing, Receiving,
Customer Support, etc. to resolve aged open GR's and invoicing
issues. May be required to assist Accounting groups with invoice
account questions or clearly explain the invoice process or
reconciling items. Other essential functions:
- Communicates with internal customers and outside vendors
regarding invoice inquiries/discrepancies and payment status.
- Responsible for researching account information and payment
- Assists with month-end close.
- Assists other staff with vendor payment and system related
- Assists other AP team members as back up or with training and
other dept responsibilities including opening mail and mailing
Concur Expense Report Reimbursements:
The AP Specialist can also be responsible for reviewing employee
Expense Reports in Concur. Expense Reports must be processed timely
and in compliance with defined AP SLA and business processes.
Reviewing expense reports includes understanding Concur,
understanding Karl Storz' Travel and Expense Policy, and ensuring
Expense reimbursement requests are within Travel and Expense Policy
guidelines. This role may be responsible for creating standard
Our successful candidate will have excellent business communication
skills. They will also have demonstrated success working in a
collaborative, service-oriented team environment.
Additional requirements include, but are not limited to:
- 5+ years' Accounts Payable experience required
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- SAP Required
- Experience using AP automation systems (OpenText) strongly
- Concur Expense strongly preferred
- A desire and ability to help create and foster a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, solid customer service
approach, as well as strong oral and written communications skills
are all required.
- Working knowledge of the Full Cycle Accounts Payable and
general understanding of workflow analysis and internal
- Highly detail oriented and self-motivated to delve into the
root cause of exceptions.
- Must be proactive and aggressive in taking the initiative to
- Must have excellent written, oral and interpersonal
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, detail oriented, with the ability to
multi-task under pressure.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and can work well under
- Must be calm under pressure with a positive attitude with
flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to motivate a team.
- Must possess strong follow-up skills.
Vaccine requirements at KARL STORZ due to COVID-19
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for
our employees and therefore we require the COVID-19 vaccine for all
of our employees unless otherwise due to an underlying medical
condition or sincerely held religious beliefs. During the interview
process, we encourage you to ask how COVID-19 may impact the role
you are seeking and if you require a reasonable accommodation
regarding the vaccine requirement see below on the process for
requesting accommodation. Please click here to learn more about our
overall response to COVID-19.
Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state of the art wellness
program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks' vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time*
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the
employee's first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
- Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
*Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible
except for where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not
eligible to participate in KARL STORZ benefits program.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's
job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during
the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its
supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside
their normal description within the sole discretion of the
supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ
policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where
employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To
achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices and all
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any
other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to
providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process.
Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL
STORZ's Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our
preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance
additional talent options are required. Your respect for this
process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited
Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL
STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral
Keywords: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America, Santa Monica , Accounts Payable Specialist, Other , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!