Customer Experience Specialist
Company: Santa Monica Erewhon
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Job DescriptionErewhon Organic Market and Cafes strive to sell
only the purest, ethically and sustainably produced foods, wellness
and beauty items, and household goods.We support local organic
farmers and growers; we partner with suppliers who share our
concerns, values, and help build our communities by listening and
learning together. We recycle, reuse and minimize waste as much as
possible, and act in ways that protect the resources of our
planet.We are building a team of passionate, committed individuals
who each play a vital role in making Erewhon a special place. If
you are looking for a CAREER and want to be part of something
bigger, we'd love to hear from you.What We Offer:
- Pay is negotiable based on experience.
- We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of
medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401K plan
with 3% match for full time employees, to include 50% off one meal
per day and a 20% discount to all of our store locations for all
employees.What You Will Do:
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting and assisting
customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints;
lead by example.
- Manage and schedule Front End and Customer Service department
employees, oversee their training, reward and recognize their
performance and delegate their work assignments to be completed
- Work with Store Director on hiring, evaluation and overall
supervision of department personnel.
- Ensures that all opening and closing procedures are performed.
Procedures include but are not limited to: auditing safe; assuring
equipment is in good, working order; stocking check stand area with
bags, register receipt tape, etc.; setting up individual daily
schedules, setting up all audit sheets.
- Responsible for accurate counting, balancing and securing of
change drawer, safe, assigned cash register and "pick-ups" &
"loans" to cashier's registers.
- Control department expenses by improving operations and
efficiencies, by controlling labor costs and by reducing losses due
to shrinkage and pilferage.
- Keep updated on special cashier and merchandise needs that
arise for holidays, as well as market trends in Healthy / Grocery
- Other related duties as assigned by Director.What You Will
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a Front End Manager in the
Grocery industry required.
- Experience working in Holistic Health Grocery / Retail industry
- Flexibility to work out of other Erewhon locations in Los
- Bilingual English / Spanish preferable, but not
necessary.Erewhon Markets is an equal opportunity employer and we
are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion,
veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived
disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider
qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the ordinance. To all recruitment agencies: We do
not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Santa Monica Erewhon, Santa Monica , Customer Experience Specialist, Other , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!