Senior Associate, Analytical Development
Company: Neogene Therapeutics
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Neogene Therapeutics is a pre-clinical stage biotechnology
company aiming to change the paradigm of treatment for solid
cancers. Our mission is to provide cancer patients with T cell
therapies targeting mutated proteins called neo-antigens, which are
present on cancer cells as a consequence of DNA mutations. Neogene
is developing novel technologies to enable the engineering of
'designer T cells' with neo-antigen specificities that display an
optimized ability to seek and destroy cancer cells. We are seeking
an initiative-taking individual to join our Analytical Development
(AD) team (Santa Monica, USA). This role will focus on the
development of molecular biological assays and bioinformatics
activities using for characterizing engineered TCR T-cell therapy.
AD associate will also contribute to the establishment of molecular
biological laboratory and bioinformatic workflows together with our
personalized TCR selection team in Netherland. Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to:
- Perform Next Generation sequencing (NGS) assays for
characterizing T-cell therapy, such as targeted sequencing and RNA
sequencing using Illumina, Oxford Nanopore or NanoString.
- Implement and operate liquid handlers for nucleotide extraction
and library preparation.
- Participate in cell preparations, including tissue preps and
cell isolation for NGS workflow.
- Work closely with Neogene's T cell therapy BioIT team in
analyzing data, reporting and quality assessment of pipeline
- Assist the instrument procurement and operation of AD Molecular
- Support qualification and validation of NGS assays using ddPCR,
ELISA and other immunology assays. Requirements:
- MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline or
BS with 3+ years of relevant academic or industry experience.
- First-hand Experience in using Next Generation Sequencing
platforms (Illumina, Oxford nanopore, Pacific Bio or NanoString) is
- Experience in other PCR-based and cell-based analytical assays
(ELISA, flow cytometry, multi-omics or ddPCR) is a plus.
- Meticulous laboratory skills and record keeping abilities.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills for scientific
studies and projects.
- Enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic start-up company environment and
able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities. We offer
the opportunity to join a highly dynamic growth-stage biotech
company. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a
team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record
in T cell therapies. We value pro-active team-players who pursue
their goals with dedication, endurance and a daring mindset. If you
share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we
can provide a unique opportunity to be a major contributor to the
success of a well-positioned, well-financed growth-stage
Keywords: Neogene Therapeutics, Santa Monica , Senior Associate, Analytical Development, Other , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!