Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: September 14, 2021
Brookdale Santa Monica Gardens is growing!
Now hiring a Full-time Maintenance Direcctor, flexible to
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses,
incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of the buildings and
grounds to maintain proper care of the assigned community(s) in
accordance with current federal, state, and local
standards/regulations and company policies.
- Directs the community maintenance, housekeeping and laundry (if
applicable) staff, to include hiring, training, evaluating
performance, resolving disciplinary issues and firing.
- Directs the maintenance and upkeep of the buildings and grounds
through maintenance staff. Inspects completed work for conformance
to standards and policies.
- Implements preventative maintenance programs. Coordinates
compliance with local, state and federal building codes, SDS, OSHA,
EPA regulations, and fire codes.
- Coordinates engineering contractors and vendors, making sure
insurance and licenses are current.
- Conducts regular inspections of life safety systems, including
fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems.
- Coordinates annual apartment maintenance schedule and
completion. Oversees necessary repairs and maintenance in
apartments and common areas including refurbishment for
- Ensures the outside of the property is maintained, including
landscaping, snow removal, and garbage/trash removal.
- Prepares and follows approved budget. Tracks utility
consumption and expense files.
- Maintains inventory control for all general supplies, parts and
equipment for necessary repairs and maintenance. Maintains all
required engineering files.
- Assesses all plumbing and electrical problems within the
community and determines the best course of action to correct the
problem. Works within the legal scope of local and state
- Reviews safety data sheets (SDS) as requested for potential
exposure to hazardous chemicals used and take necessary
- Assess property damage and file property damage claims in
accordance with company policy.
- Responds appropriately to resident or community emergencies by
assisting as needed.
- Maintains office, shops and mechanical areas within company
This job description represents an overview of the
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of
. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Santa Monica , Director, Maintenance, Other , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!