Assistant General Counsel
Company: FIGS, Inc.
Location: santa monica
Posted on: May 3, 2021
FIGS is looking for an Assistant General Counsel to join the
legal team! This role will report to and support the General
Counsel and legal team on a wide variety of legal needs that arise.
Youll collaborate with the legal team and FIGS management on a wide
array of corporate matters, including securities, corporate
governance, brand collaborations and data and privacy compliance.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned attorney to join a
dynamic legal team in a company that prides itself on being smart,
kind, and giving back to our community of healthcare professionals.
The individual in this role will be expected to demonstrate sound
judgment, balance legal and business risk, and proactively identify
and resolve legal issues in a host of dynamic scenarios.
What youll do:
- Collaborate with the companys accounting and finance department
to manage regulatory affairs, corporate governance and risk
- Responsible for reviewing, drafting and negotiating key
customer and vendor contracts, partnership agreements, and
- Provide legal oversight and guidance in order to ensure the
Companys compliance with laws, rules and regulations both in the US
- Oversee data, privacy and cybersecurity compliance
- Participate in the development and drafting of corporate
policies, procedures and programs and provide counsel and guidance
on key legal matters
- Advise on corporate finance and securities law matters,
including preparing regulatory filings
- Manage complex projects in a fast-paced environment while
maintaining attention to detail
- Assist with training of business leaders and employees with
respect to various legal matters.
- Assist with other matters and projects as needed and as they
arise, such as employment law, product liability, regulatory
compliance, and legal disputes.
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- California bar membership in good standing, or membership in
good standing of another state bar
- 5 - 7 years of experience as a practicing attorney, preferably
in a leading law firm and/or in-house legal experience (public
company and e-commerce experience a plus)
- Excellent attention to detail, legal research and writing,
communication and project management skills
- Detail and process oriented, business-friendly, and a team
player, with an ability to accommodate tight deadlines in an
evolving and fast-paced environment
- Good judgment, keen diplomacy, and strong interpersonal skills
with an ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Organized, resourceful self-starter with excellent
- Strong work ethic, a desire to learn and excel, and a positive
- Proficiency in SEC regulations and reporting requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications and Google
A little bit about us
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented
and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a
limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party
distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry
by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by
selling directly to medical professionals through our branded
FIGS foundation is built on product quality, and we have a
relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We
developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology
to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS Technical
Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking,
lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs
are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features
such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden
pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal
to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping
experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their
workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in
medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following
within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our
customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure
that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission.
FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare
providers in need around the world.
Keywords: FIGS, Inc., Santa Monica , Assistant General Counsel, Other , santa monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!