RN Navigator - Women's Health and Wellness Institute
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Providence is calling a RN Navigator to Women's Health and
Wellness Institute for Full-Time Day Shift to Providence Saint
John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with
some additional questions from our Modern Hire system
We are seeking a Registered Nurse Navigator - Women's Health and
Wellness Institute who will be under the general supervision of the
Nursing Director, the RN Navigator coordinate patient care and acts
as a patient advocate. This includes assisting them with navigation
through healthcare systems, providing education and emotional care
supportive to or restorative of life and well-being, and
identification and support in the development of programs and
services to enhance patient care and support. The navigator will be
engaged in discussing strategy to continually improve patient and
provider experience with the Women's Health and Wellness
In this position you will:
- Serve as an advocate to patient/caregiver.
- Provide patient education and support for navigation and other
patients of the Urologic Oncology Team, in the Cancer clinic.
- Serve as source of information and support for patients
regarding holistic care including: physical, psychosocial,
emotional, cultural sensitivity, language barriers, financial
challenges, and spiritual support. Acts as a referral liaison for
community practitioners. Assesses patient needs and resources,
assists patient with referrals to members of the Saint John's
Health Center team including, but not limited to, financial
counseling, clinical social work, dietician and community support
- Attend site specific conferences as appropriate to navigation
patients, and contributes pertinent information relevant to patient
- Act as a crucial link for research by demonstrating familiarity
with available program-specific clinical trials, associated
eligibility and exclusion criteria, and informed consent process.
Assists physicians and research staff in identifying patients for
available studies. Assists with communication and coordination of
required research information.
- Act as an advocate on behalf of the patient, initiating and
maintaining strong relationships with physicians, office managers
and diagnostic services utilized in screening, treatment and
marketing of programs and services. Works with the clinical and
leadership team to identify and resolve service issues.
- Communicate routinely with leadership team and reports on
activities and outcomes proactively. Maintains required metrics for
navigation service and program evaluation.
- Perform assessment/data collection:
- Perform ongoing assessment of patients.
Identify learning needs for patient/significant other and
demonstrates measures to meet those needs.
- Formulate goal directed plan of care based on patient
- Initiate, individualize, and modify plan of intervention.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships by identifying,
anticipating and meeting/exceeding patient needs and
Collaborate with other services to coordinate patient care.
- Assist with triaging patient phone calls
- Implement care based on department and hospital standards.
- Assist in training and onboarding additional nurse
- Assist leadership team in evaluation of effectiveness of
- Assist leadership team in development and revision of
educational materials for patients and families, to ensure accurate
clinical content suitable for education level and language of
- Assist leadership team in evaluation of appropriate literature
and peer review articles for development and implementation of
evidence-based nursing interventions.
- Demonstrate applied knowledge when caring for selected patient
populations including care appropriate to the age of patients
served such as:
- Age-specific principles of growth/development, psychosocial
characteristics and interventions, communication skills and
Disease specific knowledge of diagnosis, interventions, medical
treatments and any other considerations throughout the continuum of
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for own
professional practice in regard to:
- Attendance, punctuality and patient confidentiality.
- Positive public relation image and working relationships.
- Obtaining necessary knowledge and skill needed to maintain
competence and certifications.
Completing all mandatory requirements, including annual safety
programs, CPR, infection prevention and annual physical.
- Dedicated to the improvement and advancement of the Women's
Health and Wellness Institute.
- Participate in the development and attainment of team,
department and hospital goals including:
- Attending and participating in team meetings.
Volunteering or accepting assignments for projects.
- Delegate to appropriate patient care team members.
- Follow established protocols and procedures.
- Adhere to Mission, vision and team ground rules.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned or requested.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Registered Nurse license in the State of
- Current BLS
- Three (3) years clinical nursing experience as Registered
- Knowledge of disease process, related treatment protocols and
common side effects and management.
- Ability to think critically, synthesize information, and
communicate patient care needs in an organized and fluid
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, triage
patients and keep physicians informed of patient status.
- Possesses basic computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and appropriately
- Ability to clearly communicate, both orally and in
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy in
accordance to hospital policy.
- Ability to deal effectively with many people across a broad
range of cultural backgrounds and ages.
- Ability to give constructive feedback, work with teams, teach
staff and patients.
- Create and sustains respectful, inclusive, positive working
- Work with outside agencies on a routine basis, maintaining
positive working relationships as well as assuring the financial
viability of the hospital.
- Possesses flexibility in adapting to new and challenging
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Three (3) years outpatient experience in a healthcare
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica,
California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated,
not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics,
home health services, affiliated services and educational
facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942,
Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for
clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900
physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a
commitment to providing quality care for all.
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Santa Monica , RN Navigator - Women's Health and Wellness Institute, Other , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!