Operations Manager, Live Digital Video Streaming
Company: Beach Body
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Beachbody Company is the leader of in-home fitness and is on
the lookout for top-notch talent to reach and serve more people.
We're an equal-opportunity employer who offers competitive
compensation, incredible benefits and perks, not to mention a team
of smart, friendly people and positive energy. We practice what we
preach, providing free Shakeology (our delicious, healthy shake),
onsite gyms, flexible work hours, and substantial product
discounts. Are you ready to help us achieve our goal of helping
people live healthy, fulfilling lives?
What will you be doing at Beachbody as a Live Digital Video
- Oversee and work hands on to support live digital streaming and
interactive video operations. (some work will be required outside
of normal business hours.)
- Work closely and hands on in tandem with the broadcast
production team to ensure the proper ongoing setup and operations
of digital video streaming software, processes and equipment.
- Manage and utilize the implementation of monitoring tools and
- Serve as the primary escalation point for live streaming
- With growth, hire and oversee contract digital video operators
- Interact and provide input to the digital video engineering
team as new solutions and enhancements are added to the
- Stay current with digital video streaming and interactive video
technologies and make and suggest ongoing efficiencies and
- Work closely with product management stakeholders to ensure the
live video technology solutions are consistent with business
- Collaborate with PMO, Engineering, and QA to do ongoing testing
and validation of live video technology solutions.
- Collaborate with DevOps, SecOps, and NOC to ensure service
level and compliance objectives are met
We'd love to chat if you are able to...
- Be open, honest, pragmatic, collaborative, and take pride in
your contribution to the success of the team, the business, and our
- Consider solutions from multiple perspectives, including
security, performance, scalability, compatibility, quality, cost,
and operational efficiency.
- Clearly communicate benefits and drawbacks of alternative
solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Lead and/or mentor internal and external resources.
- Work both remotely and onsite at the studio in the Los Angeles
area when required.
- Thorough understanding of digital video streaming
- Hands On Experience with live encoding services similar to AWS
Elemental (MediaConvert, MediaLive, MediaPackage, etc.) or Verizon
Digital Media Services.
- MINIMUM 3 years' experience working in the support of live
digital streaming operations and or closely related operational
- Experience with video production (can be production or post
production) or studio engineering experience.
- Experience managing an operations/production schedule and
- Hands on management of operations teams.
- Experience using software and video monitoring tools.
Nice to have:
- Has worked with large streaming or broadcasting companies
- Software development experience (front end web or backend API
- Experience with WebRTC implementations
You're Right for This Job If
- First, you've read this job description in its entirety, feel
you can be a very competitive candidate, and the thought of this
job fires you up making you want to learn more.
- You have opinions on topics outside of your technology domain,
just as others have opinions on technology, and you welcome
vigorous discussions with the understanding that opinion and
responsibility are not the same thing.
- You enjoy working on technology which is the consumer product,
often putting you in direct contact with the end user, as opposed
to technology which is internally focused. Our company helps people
achieve their goals and enjoy healthy fulfilling lives. You must
know, and love, that your work directly supports our customers
reaching those goals!
- You thrive in an environment where you're given the
responsibility to deliver, are willing to do what it takes to make
that happen, and no hand-holding is required for you to be
successful. We hire really smart people. We think really smart
people can, and should be able to do their jobs!
Beachbody, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin,
citizenship status, religion, creed, age, physical or mental
disability, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic
information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
We want you to feel safe to be the Whole You - your authentic
self - without concern of discrimination, retaliation, or bias. We
are committed to fighting for equality, growing our diversity, and
holding ourselves accountable for inclusion. Just as our employees,
coaches, and partners commit to wellness and helping others, we are
committed to creating a culture and community of holistic
acceptance and belonging.
To all recruitment agencies: Beachbody does not accept
unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our
jobs alias, Beachbody employees, or any other company location.
Beachbody is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Beach Body, Santa Monica , Operations Manager, Live Digital Video Streaming, Other , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!