LVN - Clinics
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Providence is calling a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) -
Clinics (Full-Time/Day Shift) to Providence Saint Johns Medical
Foundation in Santa Monica, CA.
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with
some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
We are seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - Clinics
implement delegated patient care functions under the direction of
the Physician, Medical Foundation Practice Manager, Health Clinic
Operations Manager, and the Director of Practice Management. This
individual performs these functions according to established health
clinic standards of care, standards of practice and within the
Vocational Nurse Practice Act. Responds appropriately to patients
and families with knowledge of age-specific needs based on scope of
service of unit/department where assigned.
In this position you will:
- Actively create an environment for safe delivery of patient
care and functions with a constant awareness of safety issues
identified within the institution.
- Clinical Responsibilities:
- Administer medications within scope of license.
- Start and add IV fluids in accordance with hospital/health
clinic policies and procedures and Vocational Nurse Practice
- Discontinue peripheral IV's and PRN adapters.
- Assist with patient admission/transfer, to include room set-up,
orientation of patient to environment, personal effects labeling
- Provide patient/family education related to self-care and
supporting the Plan of Care.
- Provide direct patient care in a safe and caring manner, as
delegated by the Physician:
- Perform data collection through physical observation to include
auscultation, palpation and percussion and basic mental status
assessment to include observation of general behavior, appearance
and attitude, collection of data relative to sensorium or
orientation to time, person and place, and assessment of recall
- Place, change and remove complex and simple dressings.
- Insert/remove foley catheters.
- Observe and supervise patients with incentive spirometry.
- Apply low flow O2 therapy and simple mask.
- Take and record vital signs, weight, etc., as assigned.
- Perform/record point of care tests.
- Collect, accurately label, record phlebotomy specimens
according to established protocols.
- Empty and accurately records fluid collection devices.
- Perform EKG's.
- Perform tray/supply set-up for a bedside procedure.
- Perform monitoring activities, reports, documents (i.e.
dynamap, pulse ox, fetal and telemetry)
- Assist in IV set-up (gathering supplies, pump, etc.).
- Assist with orthopedic equipment/applications as directed.
- Perform transportation of patients, lifting support as
- Assist in providing education services for staff
- Documentation/Information Management:
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient related
- Demonstrate competency/working knowledge of Hospital
- Perform documentation on unit records and in patient's record,
which is timely, accurate, and concise.
- Utilize and documents on patient data base and other computer
based communication and patient monitoring systems (e.g. EKG, Pulse
Oximeter, hemodynamic monitoring)
- Communicate patient information/changes to physician or
mid-level when appropriate.
- Take verbal/telephone orders from physician according to
- Enter and verifies MD orders accurately.
- Obtain results on diagnostic data in a timely manner and
communicates and files appropriately.
- Enter requisitions in a timely manner.
- Professional Growth/Development:
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for own
professional growth and practice.
- Participate in in-services and committees as requested.
- Maintain own Education Record on unit.
- Maintain certification and competency in BLS through AHA.
- Performance Improvement/Quality and Safety:
- Actively participate in performance improvement activities and
works to correct deficiencies identified.
- Actively support the facility with regards to continuous
compliance with all regulatory and performance improvement
standards including, but not limited to the Joint Commission,
Department of Health Services, CMS Core Measures, etc.
- Commit to and actively participates in ongoing compliance.
- Provide the best care and service to every person, every time
(PHS Quality Vision).
- Provide care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient,
equitable and patient/family centered (PHS Quality
- Consistently practices financial responsibility and prudence.
- Use equipment and supplies in a prudent and effective
- Compl with budget and staffing standards.
- Support emergency staffing needs.
- Other Duties as Assigned:
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for own
professional practice in regard to:
- Attendance, punctuality and patient confidentiality.Positive
public relation image and working relationships.
- Obtaining necessary knowledge and skill needed to maintain
competence and certifications.
- Completing all mandatory requirements, including annual safety
programs, CPR, infection control and annual physical.
- Comply with hospital, department and unit standards, including
but not limited to safety, infection control, quality management,
environmental, confidentiality, and patient care.
- Participate in the development and attainment of team,
department and hospital goals including:
- Attending and participating in division meetings.
- Volunteering or accepting assignments for projects.
- Mission, vision and team ground rules.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Education to meet certification, license or registration
- Completion of program for Licensed Vocational Nurse and current
licensure in good standing in California
- Current BLS through AHA
- Ability to perform all physical requirements pertaining to
- Ability to accurately and efficiently complete assigned
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to complete assignments
in a timely manner
- Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative
(service-oriented) working relationship with patients, families and
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Recent, hospital or clinic direct patient care experience on an
acute, sub-acute, ambulatory, or skilled nursing facility
- 3 years medical office experience
- Bilingual: Spanish speaking, Armenian, Russian speaking,
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Health & Services is further developing its physician
integration strategy. As part of this growth, Providence Saint
John's Medical Foundation came into flourishing. Saint John's
Medical Foundation is an integrated, not-for-profit network of
medical clinics and affiliated services, servicing the greater
Santa Monica and Los Angeles area. The Foundation is expected to
continue to grow in the next several years, bringing with it
facilities, staff and physician growth to support that
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Santa Monica , LVN - Clinics, Other , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!