Location: Agoura Hills
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse
and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the
world's top game development studios, we have shipped over 100
multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our
teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura
Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are
committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top
candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the
smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Are you fascinated by the function and literacy of virtual
cameras? Do you admire the flawless logic of a 3rd-person camera,
or the seamless blending of gameplay and narrative? Do you have a
passion for cinematic design, and its impact on the gameplay
experience? Can you explain the virtues of a great shot, and write
a spec that translates your aesthetic into a set of tools and game
logic? If so, we are looking for you.
Our Agoura Hills studio is looking for a Camera Designer to
design and implement game cameras that make players feel like they
are part of the action. As a Camera Designer you will interface
with the design and programming teams to ensure you have the tools
necessary to deliver state-of-the-art cinematic and gameplay
experiences where every shot is framed perfectly for maximum
What You Will Do:
- Own the design of the in-game camera system, features, and
- Author cameras that support core gameplay and highlight special
- Work with a team of designers, producers, and engineers to
ensure that camera authoring tools are simple and intuitive, and
can be used to implement changes quickly
- Use systems you design to deliver great camerawork across
multiple game modes, from in-ring fighting, to cutscenes, to
- Be an advocate for the end user by pushing for systems which
are easy to understand and use
- Be a go-to resource for team members when questions regarding
the camera system arise
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- One to four years' experience as a camera or system
- Ability to design and utilize systems that replicate real-world
broadcast and film cameras, incorporating hand-held vs. mounted,
viewing angle, depth of field, aperture, etc.
- Ability to design logic for camera behavior which considers a
variety of constraints, including multiple characters, spacing,
varied height and occluding objects
- Ability to tell story using camera literacy in broadcast and
narrative, including composition and framing, zoom usage,
multi-camera live setup, cutaways and group and table dialog
- Ability to design and utilize systems to replicate director and
cameraman behavior and choreography, including movement (i.e.
cameraman holding a camera), zoom, anticipation, rack focus,
- Attention to detail and completeness, ability to see around
corners, anticipate issues
- Organized, excellent communication skills, passion for games,
- Scripting experience - C#, LUA, Blueprint, etc.
- General experience with development software - Jira, perforce,
bug tracking software, etc.
- Experience with 3D editors - Unity, Unreal, etc.
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games
never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to
contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing,
only use VCentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.
Keywords: 2K, Santa Monica , Camera Designer, Other , Agoura Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!