Job ID: 1265445 | Amazon Web Services, Inc.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring a technical
Engagement Manager to lead AWS consultants, partner, and client
teams for our Media & Entertainment industry vertical. Engagement
Managers, manage and deliver AWS cloud products and services that
enable our customers to realize their business objectives. These
professional services engagements focus on the full platform of AWS
customer solutions to help our customers and partners remove
constraints and accelerate their journey to AWS.
AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects
for customers and partners, providing collective AWS customer
experience, best practices, and obsessing about strong success for
the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS
organization to bring access to product, service, and training
teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations
for our customers across all industries. Engagement Managers help
Customers make decisions to meet their technical and business
objectives by providing best practices, proactively identifying and
closing project gaps.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ABILITIES INCLUDE:
· Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and
support teams to seek to understand our customer’s needs, their
business, how success is defined, and ensure that we are exceeding
expectations in delivery and developing valued solutions.
· Experience leveraging formal project management and
development methodologies on enterprise level engagements.
· Possesses a deep knowledge of project management best
practices and how to apply them in an effective yet pragmatic way
across large, complex projects.
· Understanding of technology principles and services including
infrastructure, business applications, data management, security,
application platforms and consumer facing technology.
· Lead individuals, teams or multiple groups and play an active
role in analyzing project goals, creating a plan to achieve those
goals, and then driving the AWS team members, customer
stakeholders/SMEs and potentially other third parties to achieve
those goals while understanding the client environment and any
limitations to execution.
· Actively looks for ways to improve process efficiencies and
· Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate
understanding of requirements to execute.
· Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures and
business plan with limited guidance.
· Business and financial acumen.
· Business case development.
· Plan, organize, and manage all phases of a project lifecycle
to ensure successful delivery. This includes developing and
managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals,
defining success criteria, project milestones, and budgets.
· Plays an active role in managing project goals and driving
teams to achieve customers’ business outcomes by managing issues,
risks, decisions, and action items.
· Ability to take ownership, work under pressure and meet
deadlines on time.
· Ability to challenge, recommend and redirect teams as well as
manage client expectations during the engagement.
· Takes proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed customer
· Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing
· Results-oriented, prioritizes work activities, plans and stays
organized in order to meet commitments.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with team
members and audiences of all levels.
· Interfaces with various customer and internal AWS stakeholders
which consists of senior leadership teams (C-level execs, SVP/VP,
Directors) and project level resources such as SMEs.
· Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of
· Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of
others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics, and
adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental
or cultural nuances and adapts.
· Excellent presentation, communication (oral & written), and
relationship building skills, across all levels of management.
· Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership
in a complex, global company environment.
· Team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds
relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote),
sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or
organizations involved with or affected by the project.
· Proven experience working in a matrix environment, managing
· Negotiation and conflict resolution capabilities.
· Excellent people management skills, including the ability to
influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not
· Team player willing to work in an international environment
and be part of a global team.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel
to client locations and deliver professional services when
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS · 5+ years experience working in an IT
Professional Services or consulting organization supporting Fortune
500 Media and Entertainment companies.
· 8+ years Project Management hands-on experience in managing
and delivering enterprise level IT projects.
· 3+ years Program Management /Engagement Management experience
leading other project managers to deliver a program with multiple
and concurrent projects
· Minimum leadership experience managing technical projects
consisting of 8 or more people totaling over $1,000,000 budget
· Understands the complexities of video workflows, including
knowledge of Over-the-Top (OTT), Media Supply Chain or Broadcast
· Has managed engagements using both Waterfall and
· Understands the value proposition of the public cloud and has
managed a cloud migration engagement (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
· Has presented to C-level executives (CIO, CEO, CTO, CISO,
etc.) as well as to technical subject matter experts.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple and
· Competency in Microsoft Office suite, Agile and Project
Management toolsets (JIRA, Confluence, Rally, VersionOne and / or
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS · Has one active project management
certification (e.g., PMP, PMI, CSM, PRINCE2, PMP-ACP)
· Has lead Agile teams as a ScrumMaster using the Scrum
· AWS Experience and Certifications.
· Managed and delivered IT engagements for a Fortune 100
· Bachelor's Degree in STEM.
· MBA or Masters in Computer Science.
· Proven track record of increasing project scope and
· Possesses a deep knowledge of Agile and Scaled program
management best practices and how to pragmatically apply across
large, complex projects
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in
accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility
for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment
opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require
Important FAQs for current Government employees Before
proceeding, please review the following FAQs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women /
Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /