Senior Specialized Sales Executive, Database and Analytics Job
ID: 1242212 | Amazon Web Services, Inc.
This position can be located virtually/remote or at an Amazon
office within the United States. Preference to locations close to
major airports due to future travel requirements. Please note that
at this time there is no travel due to global health concerns.
In 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began offering IT
infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services,
now known as cloud computing. One of the key benefits of cloud
computing is the opportunity to replace upfront capital
infrastructure expenses with low variable costs that scale with
your business. With the cloud, businesses no longer need to plan
for and procure servers and other IT infrastructure weeks or months
in advance. Instead, they can instantly spin up hundreds or
thousands of servers in minutes and deliver results faster. Today,
AWS provides highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure
services in the cloud that power hundreds of thousands of
businesses in 190 countries around the world.
AWS is seeking a seasoned enterprise sales representative to
help us establish AWS as the market leader for a database, and
analytics service that addresses our World Wide Public Sector
(WWPS) customers' needs. As a specialist sales representative for
this fast growing, exciting space you will have the opportunity to
help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging
technologies that will have a significant impact on our customer’s
technical strategy. Your responsibilities will include driving
revenue, adoption, and market penetration of solutions such as
Amazon Athena, Amazon Redshift, Amazon EMR and AWS Glue.
The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record and
background that enables them to lead a sales effort that will
include teaming with AWS sales representatives, solutions
architects, and partners. The successful candidate will also
possess a business background that enables them to drive an
engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical
understanding that enables them to easily interact with developers
and technical architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated
ability to think strategically and analytically about business,
product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and
convey compelling value propositions and work
cross-organizationally to build consensus.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory or
· Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets.
· Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory
· Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS
database and analytics services.
· Accelerate customer adoption of services such as Amazon EMR,
Amazon Athena, and Amazon Redshift.
· Maintain a robust sales pipeline.
· Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption.
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key
· Ensure customer satisfaction.
· Expect moderate travel.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS · BA/BS degree required.
· 7-10 years of technology related sales or business development
· 5+ year's experience meeting or exceeding sales quota or goals
in a technical sales role.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS · Technical background in engineering,
computer science, or MIS a plus.
· Experience with selling technology to public sector
· Proven track record of success driving adoption of disruptive
technologies within enterprise accounts.
· Extensive customer network.
· Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Important FAQs for current Government employees Before
proceeding, please review the following FAQs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women /
Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /