Mechanical Design Engineer - Cable Harness/Connector - Georgetown, TX
Company: AirBorn Inc.
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: September 18, 2023
SUMMARY: Develops and coordinates the design and production of
electronic components from inception to completion by performing
the following duties.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts studies on customer proposals for connector
- Develops connector systems based on customer input, production
specifications, test data and standard engineering practices.
- Details drawings and coordinates building of prototype product
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Responsible for ensuring the final design meets functional and
- Responsible for ensuring that designs and projects are complete
on time and at a reasonable cost.
- Develops manufacturing process to produce newly designed
- Designs and details tools for making components or for
- Resolves problems related to assigned projects by working with
vendor, customers, shop personnel and others as
necessary.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES Requires knowledge
typically acquired through,
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree from a four year college or
university, vocational or technical school,
- Three to seven years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables.QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, walk, and
use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, and controls,
and reach with arms and hands. The employee may be required to
regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to
adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical
parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles,
risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the
work environment is usually moderate and travel is limited to less
than 5%. Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability/Vet ITAR
COMPLIANCE This position requires access to or use of information
which is subject to the federal International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR). All applicants for this position must be U.S.
Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines "U.S. Person" as
U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., person
admitted as a refugee to the U.S., person granted asylum in the
U.S., or person granted the status of alien lawfully admitted for
temporary residence to the U.S. under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) (for special
agricultural workers) or 8 U.S.C. 1255(a)(1) (an amnesty
Keywords: AirBorn Inc., Santa Monica , Mechanical Design Engineer - Cable Harness/Connector - Georgetown, TX, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!