Computer Vision Software Engineer
Company: Red Six Aerospace
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Red 6's Mission To build the best in-flight Augmented Reality
flight training system in the world, and to create the most
effective combat pilots on the planet. Augmented Reality / Hardware
/ Integration Technology Department The Technology team at Red 6
engineers systems to see and interpret the world. These systems
synthesize and visualize a synthetic reality into a hive mind of
real-world knowledge. We are engineering high performing and highly
advanced augmented reality platforms and infrastructure, which
support our military partners' operations. This enables us to
collaborate and train with the world's most advanced military
systems and develop our soldiers' capabilities as the world's most
important line of defense. The Role As a Computer Vision Engineer
at Red 6, you will be developing the next generation of augmented
reality technologies. You will drive the research and development
of core perception components.
- Research state-of-the art concepts and algorithms in the area
of computer vision for augmented reality.
- Rapid prototyping of computer vision algorithms and
- Design and develop novel computer vision and/or machine
learning algorithms in areas such as: real-time scene and object
tracking, reconstruction and understanding as well as,
segmentation, key point estimation, depth sensing, generative
approaches such as GANs, 3D stereo and volumetric reconstruction,
- Develop world class code, tools, documentation, and reports
suitable for direct product integration related to all things
computer vision & image processing including:
- Camera calibration
- Object Recognition, Identification, and Tracking
- Feature Detection, Identification, and Analysis
- RGBD Image Processing
- SLAM, or Visual Odometry
- Collaborate with other experts on the Sensors team to prototype
new technologies, algorithms, formfactors, and incubate our product
- Computer vision expert with working knowledge of
photogrammetry, 3D reconstruction, SfM, SLAM or related areas.
- 3+ years of experience developing and designing Computer Vision
and/or Machine Learning technologies and systems.
- 3+ years of experience engineering in C++ and/or Python
- Prototyping and engineering experience in at least ONE relevant
specialization area in either Computer Vision or Machine Learning:
SLAM State Estimation Sensor Fusion Generative models such as GANs
Pose estimation: Body, Facial, Hand or Eye Tracking Dense 3D
reconstruction Object detection, segmentation and tracking Scene
understanding/ Semantic Segmentation Photorealistic rendering
Factory, HW, Camera or Online Calibration.
- Experience with collecting 2D / 3D data in the field and
designing ground truth benchmarks.
- Qualified candidate must have the ability to obtain a security
clearance. This requires U.S. Citizenship. Preferred / Additional
- MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine
Learning, Robotics or related technical field.
- 2+ years of industry experience working on projects such as:
real-time SLAM and 3D reconstruction, sensor fusion and active
depth sensing, object and body tracking and pose estimation, and/or
image processing. Image and/or semantic segmentation, 2D and 3D key
point estimation and surface reconstruction, depth estimation,
generative methods such as GANs, or photorealistic rendering.
- Developing and designing Computer Vision and/or Machine
Learning technologies and systems for running on edge devices
(mobile phones, and/or custom hardware)
- Background in machine learning with experience in large scale
training and evaluation of deep convolutional and/or recurrent
neural networks and/or GANs.
- Publication track record at conferences such as SIGGRAPH, CVPR,
NIPS, ECCV, ICCV, ISMAR, ICML, etc.
- Experience in developing end-to-end algorithm solutions for
gaze tracking is advantageous as wells as experience in one or more
of the following areas:
- Reflective and refractive optic surface metrology and ray
- Accurate human eye appearance and structure modeling, pose
estimation and tracking Latent kinematic model estimation Note Red
6 reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any
time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and
state regulations This job description is not a contract and
confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any
applicant or potential applicant. Red 6 has the right to change any
and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited
to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in
this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of
employment. Red Six Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.California:
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"), Red 6 Aerospace, Inc.
operating company you are applying to work for (hereinafter, "we",
"our", or "us") may collect personal information and use it for
certain business purposes as described below in this Job Applicant
and Employee Privacy Notice. We are required to disclose the
following information to California "consumers" regarding our
collection of their personal information. Under the CCPA,
"consumers" means California residents, including job applicants,
employees, or contractors of a business.
Keywords: Red Six Aerospace, Santa Monica , Computer Vision Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!