Metalink Sr. Backend Developer
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Come build the future of Social Crypto
Crypto Playground Crypto is more than trading. It's more than NFTs.
It's more than Telegram. Metalink is a crypto playground for
chatting, making friends, and NFT swapping. Are you the proud owner
of a Pudgey Penguin? Join the owners channel ---- ----
#pengu-owners-club. Decentralized Future Metalink's future looks
like a decentralized utopia where our community of avid NFT and
crypto traders are actively shaping the future of Metalink's
ecosystem from reputation protocol algorithms to the NFT swap
mechanics. - The Tech Our tech stack will be as future-proof as
possible without sacrificing security, scalability, and usability.
Some technologies we're exploring, not in any particular order:
Elixir, Matrix, React Native, 0x Protocol, Electron, Solana, Luna,
Vue.js, EPNS, Solidity, Ethereum, zkSync. - Who is Metalink?
Metalink is a small team of crypto enthusiasts from all walks of
life. It's what makes crypto, crypto. You can be anyone you want.
Welcome to the Metaverse. Though we come from different backgrounds
and have different experiences, our team has a set of cultural
beliefs that function as our North Star.
- --'- anything worth doing is going to be hard
- --- if you're going to do something, do it well
- --'- find big problems that are worth solving
- --'- find the brightest and most innovative solutions
- ---- deliver, deliver, deliver
- --- make mistakes; it's the best way to learn
- ---- provide positive and negative feedback This set of guiding
principles helps us stay tightly aligned and loosely coupled. All
that means is that when we're not together, we can take comfort
knowing that we're all tracking by the North Star, so we'll all end
up in the same place. ------ Logistics Metalink is headquartered in
sunny Los Angeles, California. We say that without actually having
an office because we'll eventually have one, and it'll be in LA.
Our team currently operates remotely via Slack, Clubhouse
(Shortcut), Airtable, Figma, and Zoom. We're a seed-stage startup
who understand that runway and burn matter, but we know that people
matter more. At Metalink you'll get a salary, equity / tokens,
health insurance, and unlimited vacation. - Who are you? You enjoy
ideating, designing, building, and delivering. Uncertainty doesn't
scare you. If it did, you would be scared the entire time you were
at Metalink. Pivoting and pivoting based on learnings derived from
data is the name of the game. You understand that wearing multiple
hats may be required at a startup this early. You know the power of
fast iteration, and fully embrace the test & learn methodology.
You're an independent thinker, but also collaborative and always
willing to lend a hand. You desire autonomy, yet understand the
importance of communication and collaboration. You are not married
to any technology or solution and believe in the right tool for the
job. You not only believe in being data-driven, but you live it.
This means you understand that you can't improve what you don't
measure. - What's my job?
- be the best, gosh darn backend developer in town. seriously,
that's it. need more? see below. ---- More about my job
- research backend solutions, libraries, frameworks in order to
identify the best solution for the problem at hand
- design, build, and deploy clean, backend code whose quality is
commensurately tied to the business goal and time constraints
- participate in our team's agile methodology for software
development, actively contributing to reviewing, providing
feedback, planning, and retrospectives
- learn whatever you need to learn as we explore new ideas and
projects, so that we can build the next big thing
- measure product performance by investing in and building the
necessary monitoring and analytics tools
- design, develop, and architect with an eye towards scalability
such as workers, connections, caching, data models, nodes, NoSQL -
Am I qualified?
- 4+ years of experience designing, architecting, and building,
REST and/or GraphQL APIs and websocket connections
- 4+ years of experience building production-quality web
applications with backend programming languages, such as Elixir,
Ruby, Python, Erlang, Rust, or Node as part of a team of other
- 4+ years of experience designing data models for both SQL and
NoSQL databases, as well as performance tuning database
- experience performance tuning webapps from a backend
perspective understanding everything from browsers, web protocols,
CDNs, and DNS to caching, load balancing, connection pooling,
queues, and distributed systems
- experience with cloud platforms like Google Cloud Platform
(GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- interest in or experience with functional programming languages
such as Elixir or Rust
- experience building realtime systems such as chat or
- interest in or experience with smart contracts and web3 - Apply
here ---- ---- --- Submit your application here.
- If you're a good fit for the position, we'll do a meet & greet
via Zoom so that you can learn about Metalink and our company
- If the meet & greet goes well, we'll do a set of technical
interviews which will involve problem solving, design +
architecture, data modeling, and coding.
Keywords: Metalink, Santa Monica , Metalink Sr. Backend Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!