Manager- Formulation Manufacturing Engineering and Technology
Company: Provivi Inc.
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Provivi is a California-based, globally operating AgTech company
using pheromones to protect crops from major damaging insects. Our
patented production method enables a step-change in the cost of
manufacturing pheromones, allowing us to pioneer the use of this
proven tool in high-acreage crops such as corn, rice, and soy.
Founded in 2013 by Nobel laureate Frances Arnold and Caltech
scholars Pedro Coelho and Peter Meinhold, we are hiring the very
best and brightest people to develop and commercialize our
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Manager will be responsible
for developing and executing Provivis commercial pheromone
formulation strategy. He/she will transfer Provivis formulation
technologies from R&D to commercial scale processes utilizing
contract manufacturing organizations. He/she will review, select
and closely manage these CMOs ensuring on-time and in-spec delivery
to customers globally. The individual will also participate in
long-term manufacturing strategy development.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Ensures companys production goals are delivered consistently
with high standards for quality, on-time performance, costs, and
- Translates the companys R&D technologies to successful
commercial production in contract manufacturing organizations.
- Uses advanced project management skills to identify, prioritize
scale-up and production, mitigate project risks, and communicate
project status to key stakeholders and senior management,
- Translate the companys formulation technologies, based on
R&D findings and prior pilot plant operations, into a
commercial operation utilizing toll manufacturing
- Defines expected operational performance based on the companys
- Defines product and process specifications in collaboration
with R&D, Quality Assurance and Regulatory.
- Effectively manages current and future contract manufacturing
- In collaboration with the Supply Chain team, develop a
comprehensive strategy for robust, uninterrupted supply of inputs,
as well as product logistics, implement appropriate and prudent
buffers and redundancies.
- Ensures world-class safety and environmental performance
- Drives a culture of operational excellence, data-driven
decisions, and continuous improvement that enables the Company to
advance efficiently to a position of global leadership.
- Works collaboratively with R&D and Marketing to define
roadmaps for scaling initial product as well as future
- This position must be hands-on and directly engaged with all
levels of staff to drive culture, methods, systems, and
Qualifications & Skills Include:
- 10+ years relevant industrial experience, preferably in a
regulated product environment.
- BS degree or higher in chemical engineering, mechanical
engineering, packaging, chemistry, materials science, or related
- Experience individually or as part of a team in producing
chemical formulations (preferably ag formulations) via contract
- Experience developing, communicating, and implementing
technical transfer packages, quality systems, cleaning validation.
Works with Provivi and CMO QC / QA to ensure formulated
agricultural pesticide product quality and safety.
- Experience with analytical method transfer from R&D to
- Strong problem solving and communication skills, strong team
- Flexibility to work outside of defined position roles to meet
the needs of a startup environment. Demonstrated prioritization,
organization, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, build, and lead top
engineering talent and teams
- Well-versed in world-class engineering, productivity, and
quality methodologies and success in establishing these
methodologies from a clean slate.
- Strong track record of working collaboratively with other
company functional leaders, particularly R&D and
- Significant hands-on experience in core chemical process
engineering is a plus.
- Domestic and International travel of up to 50% of the time.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
Provivi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and
inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veterans status, or any other legally-protected
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this classification. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required
to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from
time to time, as needed.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Provivi Inc., Santa Monica , Manager- Formulation Manufacturing Engineering and Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!