Gameplay Network Programmer
Company: Sky Castle Studios
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Job Title: Gameplay Network Programmer
Reporting To: CEO and CTO
Location: Santa Monica, CA, or Remote
We're a small team with big ideas. Sky Castle Studios is a fully
remote company, centered in Santa Monica, California. We're a group
of talented artists, developers, character riggers, 3D modelers,
in-house customer service agents, gamers and nerds of all stripes.
When we're not brainstorming and creating new platforms, we're a
bunch of friends who enjoy sharing the latest developments in geek
culture, exploring new technologies, and sharing our creative
You should be a self-starter with initiative. We won't be looking
over your shoulder, unless you're showing us the cool new thing you
Our bread and butter is but we're often expanding to other products
Sky Castle Studios is currently seeking a Senior Gameplay Network
Programmer to bring gaming engine technology to the Hero Forge
platform. Working with our software development team and 3D
artists, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the
company's core technologies through the ground-up development of a
Hero Forge cross platform gameplay engine that supports
collaborative and multiplayer gaming experiences featuring both
realtime and asynchronous play.
- Develop, extend, and maintain multiplayer framework solutions
for the Hero Forge game engine.
- Develop networking code to interact with backend systems for
new gameplay features and data collection.
- Integrate online services into the developing game engine.
- Provide regular updates on technology risks and obstacles to
designers, leads, and producers.
- Test, debug, and document code.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Experience with Photon, Mirror or other comparable networking
- Expert in managing game state across the internet.
- Strong math skills.
- Experience with implementing network gameplay, AI, animations,
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math
- Experience with at least one AAA shipped title.
- Professional experience using a modern game engine such as
Unreal or Unity.
- Knowledge of Photon Unity Network, CCU, or similar.
- Knowledge of parallel programming and multi-threaded
- Cloud development or large scale data store experience.
- Knowledge about 3D graphics algorithms and techniques.
At Sky Castle Studios, diversity is not just a core value, but a
foundation of what we do. We strive to embrace our differences in
the workplace, and to promote respectful representation of all
people through the content we create. Diversity brings fresh
perspectives that help us to better serve our community. Wherever
you come from, and whatever background you bring, we're excited to
hear from you!
Sky Castle Studios is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religious creed, observance, or practice, color, national
origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression,
age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Sky Castle Studios, Santa Monica , Gameplay Network Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!