Software Engineer, Frontend at Inspire
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: November 17, 2021
ABOUT US Inspire is a clean energy technology company on a
mission to transform the way consumers access clean energy and to
accelerate the worlds transition to a net-zero carbon future. We
provide our customers with access to renewable energy from wind,
solar, and hydro powered sources without service interruptions or
costly installations at a flat, predictable monthly rate. For every
year that a customer spends with Inspire Clean Energy, they have a
greater impact on climate change than 10 years of strict recycling.
Our rapidly growing team of mission-driven, climate enthusiasts is
passionate, innovative and committed to a better future for the
planet. POSITION SUMMARY Inspires Technology organization is
seeking a Software Engineer to join our growing team. You will be
responsible for working on our core systems, integrating with third
party APIs, and supporting some of our most important internal
tools. You will join a team building technology and contribute
alongside them, working in a collaborative and supportive
environment THE SOFTWARE ENGINEER HAS 3 MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a contributor within a product-design-engineering squad.
Write code daily, ship code multiple times per week.
- Own your features, from inception to completion. Participate in
grooming sessions, QA process, and post-deploy monitoring.
- Write and maintain comprehensive documentation of solutions
including flowcharts and code comments. SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Website Funnel Improvements
- Improve our signup process for potential members to make it
easier than ever to join Inspire
- Vendor API Integrations
- Integrate with RESTful APIs for our third party vendors.
Implement new integrations, and improve our existing integrations.
Document publicly-facing Inspire APIs SUCCESS METRICS
- Ability to get up to speed quickly: Be actively contributing
code within the first sprint,within a month youll start to own your
- Learning about an application in our stack, sharpening your
tech skills along the way
- Eliminating bugs in your code and others code through a
combination of automated and manual testing. EXPERIENCE
- Must Have
- An education that provides a strong foundation in software
engineering with a focus on web technologies
- Some examples of topics youd feel comfortable speaking about:
How and when to use modern frameworks, API conventions, working
understanding of optimal database structure.
- Experience building web apps, APIs, databases, and other
business focused systems
- Passionate about technology and interested in solving tough
- Understanding of best practices for building and retrieving
data from consumer APIs
- Experience with the following technical skills:
- Back End: Ruby, Python, NodeJS, or Java
- Database: Postgres
- Development lifecycle experience: Git and Github
- DevOps: Experience deploying to Heroku, AWS, or similar cloud
- Nice to Have
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Experience with the following Technical Skills:
- Front End: ReactJS, SCSS/Bootstrap
- Automated Testing: RSpec/Mocha/Jest by Jobble
Keywords: Inspire, Santa Monica , Software Engineer, Frontend at Inspire, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!