Senior Software Engineer
Company: Activision Publishing
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: May 8, 2020
Job Title:Senior Software EngineerRequisition ID:R001171Job
Description:Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Reporting To: Manager, Marketing Technology - Consumer Tech
Department: Consumer Technology
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of
entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history
of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall--, Tony Hawk--,
Guitar Hero--, Crash Bandicoot, Skylanders and Call of Duty-- --
our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused
and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most
beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and
resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and
diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if youre
interested in our biggest priority, its our people.
Were currently driving the next era for our company and community
by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make
Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at
www.activision.com, https://blog.activision.com or @Activision on
Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will work within the Consumer
Technology group to build innovative and impactful player
personalized experiences and products that help to build loyalty
and drive engagement for Activisions industry leading games.
Candidates should have full-stack development and implementation
experience of large-scale applications
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours,
so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following
- Build scalable, high-volume, high-availability applications and
- Develop personalized experiences within mobile and web
- Build personalization integrations leveraging multiple data
sources across communication channels (in-game, voice, mobile,
email, social, web, and others)
- Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality
- Development of new features and defect resolution in existing
applications, as well as assist with scoping and designing new
- Participate in experimental development and technologies to
support new business ideas
- Data integration and automation from a variety of formats
including files and APIs
- Work in a collaborative environment with some pretty cool
people, and HUGE amounts of data
Year 1 Success:
- Integration of web-based features in at least one game in 2020
in partnership with studios
- Productionalize personalization and targeting across
- Proven experience in building RESTful services, knowledge of
gRPC and GraphQL desired.
- Proven experience building high scalable distributed services
on Google Cloud Compute.
- Hands-on experience with Cassandra highly desireable.
- Hands-on experience with data pipelines such as Kafka
- Strong programming skills and proficiency in languages like
Java, Python, Scala, Kotlin or similar.
- Passion for shipping high quality, elegant, tested code that
- Proven experience in a software engineering/development and
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technologies,
ability to work independently is a must.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's
largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and
is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We
are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises
including Call of Duty--, World of Warcraft--, Overwatch--,
Diablo--, Candy Crush and Bubble Witch. Our combined entertainment
network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in
196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced
by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to
have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and
engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of
benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being
for Every World - weve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and
will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities
of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time
to promote and support our business and relationships with industry
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or
any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Activision Publishing, Santa Monica , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!