Lead Engineer, Software (Mobile)
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: March 24, 2020
Beachbody, the leader of in-home fitness programs and
nutritional products, is on the lookout for top-notch talent. We're
an equal-opportunity employer who offers competitive compensation,
incredible benefits and perks, not to mention a laid-back office
filled with smart, friendly people and positive energy. We also
provide free Shakeology, onsite gyms, flexible work hours, and cool
product discounts. Are you ready to help us achieve our goal of
helping people live healthy fulfilling lives?
Openfit offers world class fitness programs designed to reach
everyone's individual goals by offering live, interactive classes,
on demand classes, personalized meal plans and a worldwide
community to offer help and support. We are offering competitive
compensation packages, incredible perks and benefits, a comfortable
environment filled with smart, friendly, happy people that make
work more enjoyable!
Please Note: We have offices in Los Angeles (Santa Monica and
Westlake Village), as well as San Francisco, and are also open to
remote employees as we work heavily on Slack and Zoom!
What will you be doing as Openfit's Lead Application Developer?
Openfit, LLC is currently looking for an experienced Lead Mobile
Application Engineer to help lead the architecture and development
of our web platform based apps. As a technical lead, you will work
within our digital organization to architect, develop, deliver, as
well as maintain and enhance world class mobile applications. You
should be ready to get into the weeds of technical design and
development, but also ready to lead and mentor the work of others
on the team. You should take pride in writing clean efficient
reusable code as well as working closely with the team to ensure
these standards. Finally, you should have a passion and desire to
learn and master new technologies and standards.
- Work closely with Principal Engineers, Architects, and
Management of Client Platforms Technology to develop web and mobile
software solutions based on a given set of requirements.
- Help drive the team's React Native implementation and
programming well-being by staying up-to-date regarding industry
standards and direction.
- Identify solutions that can be accomplished within a reasonable
- Must have a team player attitude. You need to work well with
- Architect, develop, test and maintain React based web
applications for Openfit.
- Lead and mentor other team members.
- Work with managers and ensure that all project milestones are
- Investigate and resolve issues with our applications and help
debug application stacks.
- Work collaboratively with peers and teams such as Business
Owners, Product, DevOps and QA.
- Work closely with external teams for ongoing development.
- Provide technical estimates for development efforts.
- Provide solutions to requirements presented by the Business
- Evaluate and research latest device technology, coding
patterns, software frameworks and features.
- Recommend improvements and implementation of these improvements
within the larger digital team.
You'll need to have these skills and experience:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or
a related field and at least 6-8 years' experience or equivalent
- MINIMUM 2+ years' experience as a Lead or Senior Software
- MINIMUM 1+ years of working with React Native and Redux.
- Solid demonstrated experience testing your applications,
including writing unit tests, test automation, and working closely
with quality assurance teams.
- Successful launch of consumer grade mobile applications.
- Experience with efficient client-side integration with RESTful
services in a high-performance ecosystem.
- Experience working in Agile (SCRUM and/or Kanban) processes and
- Experience with highly performant mobile applications and best
practices for optimization.
- Best practices for source code management, GIT, modern
branching concepts, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools and
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in media-based apps, wearables, health is a
- Experience with native mobile development (iOS or Android) is a
Beachbody, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status,
religion, creed, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status,
military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: Beachbody does not accept unsolicited
agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias,
Beachbody employees, or any other company location. Beachbody is
not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Beachbody, Santa Monica , Lead Engineer, Software (Mobile), IT / Software / Systems , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!