Piercing Studio Lead
Company: Mejuri Inc.
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Piercing Lead is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the
Mejuri Piercing Studio while driving customer service excellence,
increasing profitability and fostering an environment of superior
store services to Mejuri clientele. The Piercing Lead delivers
best-in-class service and is passionate about body piercing and
jewelry. They are knowledgeable in high-quality jewelry, metals,
and gemstones and know the guidelines for initial piercings and
allowable alloys. They maintain excellent knowledge of infection
control and sanitization procedures and keep the piercing studio to
the highest sanitization standards at all times.
- Oversee the piercing customer journey from start to finish,
including seamless greeting, check in, styling, transaction and
service experience including aftercare education.
- Possess a calm and professional demeanour in piercing services
to provide the best experience to piercing clients. Embody Mejuri
values throughout every client interaction.
- Act as an ambassador of Mejuri and promote customer awareness
about the brand and Mejuri's piercing studios. Build a strong
clientele in local market.
- Ensure insights and opportunities as they relate to piercing
products and services are communicated back to the Store Manager &
Store Services when necessary.
- Promptly escalate any customer complaints, handling any in-the
moment feedback when needed with good communication skills, empathy
- Works closely with the Store Manager on consistent improvements
to the flow and process of the Mejuri piercing studio.
- Work closely with store staff to update the schedule and online
- Explain proper aftercare to each client, well-inform each
client of any signs and/or symptoms of infection within the
following days/weeks/months of piercing. Tailor aftercare
information to specific materials and individual downsizing
- Thoroughly explain service procedure and risks to clients.
Identify any medical concerns which may prevent piercing before the
service and include suggested care and any medical complications
that may occur as a result of the procedure.
- Drive revenue and repeat business through the Mejuri piercing
studio. Strive to maintain an appointment occupancy of at least 75%
on a weekly basis.
- Uphold strong personal selling techniques to contribute to
overall store and financial results, focusing on KPI's such as UPT
- Take ownership for delivering results; actively aware of
personal and store goals.
- Drive business through clienteling, sourcing new customers, and
fostering ongoing relationships with customers.
- Review weekly and monthly sales performance, share product
trends & feedback to the Store Manager/Store Services
- Recommend and implement changes to improve product performance
- Ideate and propose local marketing initiatives with Store
Management and Store Services to create awareness and drive
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the piercing studio, working
closely with the Store Services team and Store Manager.
- Support inventory management and feedback with Operations Lead
& Store Services team to ensure optimal quantities & assortment are
available at the piercing studio at all times
- Work with the Store Services & Operations lead to minimize
shrink of piercing inventory through effective communication and
compliance with inventory management systems.
- Ensure health and safety standards are maintained by following
internal standards, and local guidelines. Ensure excellent
cleanliness of the studio, maintenance of sharps and biohazard
waste, and physical space requirements are met.
- Uphold legal compliance in all customer interactions including
verifying proper identification, requirements, and waivers. Update
Store Manager & Store Services Team on all local laws and protocol
- Maintain strong communication with store Visuals Lead to manage
piercing studio product display.
- Remain knowledgeable on Mejuri products and become an expert on
the piercing jewelry assortment inclusive of labret sizing,
materials, gemstones, and metals.
- Support the check up and downsizing process for each individual
- Style, stack, and suggest products for piercing clients.
Provide expertise and planning to enable client to design their own
- Build piercing appointment occupancy through promoting,
educating, and driving awareness of our piercing studio
- Communicate with Store Services to order necessary piercing
equipment such as needles, latex-free gloves, sterilizer, alcohol
pads, Q-Tips, paper towels, etc.
- Work with Store Services to become the main point of contact
for Stericycle and oversee the pick up of disposables.
- Complete all necessary documentation for piercing inventory
shrink, monitoring reasons and taking action to reduce shrink where
possible, in partnership with the Operations Manager or Operations
- Ensure all legislated paperwork and client record keeping is
met and maintained at all times.
- Partner with the Visual Lead to analyze key performance
indicators and monitor stock levels to create a productive sales
environment and determine actions steps to improve
- Provide support to Visual Lead during implementation of retail
- Follow up with execution deadlines for key VM initiatives to
ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Support with the day-to-day maintenance of visual displays and
- Report any damaged display product or tools to the Visual
- Provide feedback to Visual Lead relating to gaps and
What you'll bring to the team:
- 2+ years experience with needle piercing.
- Experience working with internally threaded 2-piece piercing
- Up to date with First Aid and Blood-borne Pathogens OSHA
- Experience working with autoclaves.
- Have or be registrable with local law enforcement or meet
requirements by area for permits such as the "Practitioner
Registration", Blood-borne Pathogens, First Aid/CPR, Vaccination
- Understanding of local market piercing law
- Strong knowledge of health and safety protocols surrounding
- Demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer
- Excellent communication & customer service skills.
- The desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial
environment. Bonus: you have experience selling product at a fast
Looking for the perfect next opportunity is a big decision. Mejuri
recognizes the importance of pay transparency when it comes to
salary ranges as it empowers individuals through the hiring process
and supports them in making an informed decision. This role will be
for our Abbot Kinney location in Santa Monica, California with a
base pay range of $26-$30 per hour based on a candidate's
experience and qualifications.
Keywords: Mejuri Inc., Santa Monica , Piercing Studio Lead, Hospitality & Tourism , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...