Company: Sage Hospitality Resources, LLP
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Sage Restaurants Concepts is seeking a Executive Chef to lead the
launch of our newest restaurant concept coming to Santa Monica pier
side Fall 2022.
Work Where You Belong! California Cuisine with a side of Sunshine!
Fresh, SoCal flavors with an ocean breeze. The clink of glasses on
that first toast of the trip. That state of mind where everything
just feels soeasy. That's what you'll find at The Surfing Fox.
Built on a menu of fresh, local flavors, Santa Monica's newest
restaurant blends the best of modern California and vintage surf
As part of Sage Hospitality Group, we passionately strive to be the
best and create excellence in everything we do. We believe in
enriching lives one experience at a time. More than a slogan, we
empower our employees to make positive impacts on the communities
in which we live and work. By providing genuine service we build
relationships with our guests and value for our shareholders, and
we create unforgettable experiences.
We are looking for independent thinkers. Those who harness their
entrepreneurial spirit so that it breaks preconceived notions.
We're not afraid to forge our own path. After all, it's what
industry leaders do. That's why we welcome risk takers and creative
spirits alike. No matter your daily role, Sage recognizes that your
success is about more than the work you do-it's really about who
you are, which is why we invest in your personal and professional
growth. We hope you consider joining us!
Plan and manage the kitchen staff in the procurement, production,
preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel in a safe,
sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and
regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality
* Position is responsible for long and short term planning and
day-to-day operations of the kitchen and related areas.
* Recommends menu and procedural changes.
* Recommends the budget and manages food and labor costs within
approved budget constraints.
* Performs all essential functions while adhering to all SOP's and
future food programs to ensure a consistent, quality product.
* Manage associates and managers in the kitchen in order to
attract, retain and motivate the employees while providing a safe
environment; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel,
conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide
open communication vehicles and discipline and terminate as
* Plan and manage the procurement, production, preparation and
presentation of all food in the hotel in a safe, sanitary, cost
* Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of kitchen,
equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work
environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and
franchise standards and regulations.
* Develop, recommend, implement and manage the department's budget;
continually analyze, forecast, monitor and control the labor and
food costs through various methods to meet/exceed management/budget
* Develop and implement menus and back-up (use records, production
lists, pars, training, etc.) within corporate guidelines to
continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining
* Execute and promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize
liabilities and related expenses.
More than two years of post high school education, but less than a
degree from a four-year college.
Experience required by position is five to ten years of employment
in a related position with this company or other
Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within
the food profession. This includes experiential knowledge required
for management of people and/or complex problems and food and
* Requires oral and written communication skills.
* Must have moderate hearing to communicate with employees and to
hear machinery, for safety reasons.
* Must have excellent vision, for safety reasons.
* Must have moderate speech communications skills to communicate
with other employees.
* Must have excellent comprehension and literacy to read and write,
as well as analyze to fulfill budget.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Lifting objects, 30-35 pounds, 3 to 5 times during the course of
the shift (i.e. top round, prime rib, frozen boxes).
* Carrying, (ranging from clipboard to food products to small
* Kneeling -during times of inspections for proper cleanliness and
monitoring once a week, as well as during lifting.
* Full mobility is required in order to usually inspect and monitor
the kitchen environment.
* Continuous standing -while expediting, or cooking or inspecting.
Anywhere from brief periods (15 minutes) to longer periods (1
hour). At least 50% of the day.
Inside 100% of 8 hour shift. Going in the freezer temperatures can
be -10 degrees. On the front line, temperatures can be over 100
* Eligible to participate in Sage bonus plan
* Unlimited paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Eligible to participate in the Company's 401(k) program with
* Health savings and flexible spending accounts
* Basic Life and AD&D insurance
* Company-paid short-term disability
* Paid FMLA leave for up to a period of 12 weeks
* Employee Assistance Program
* Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
* Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program.
Up to $1,000 per referral.
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Property : The Pierside Hotel
Address : 120 Colorado Ave
City : Santa Monica
State : California
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
Keywords: Sage Hospitality Resources, LLP, Santa Monica , Executive Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!