Senior Restaurant Manager
Company: Meat on Ocean
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Located on the corner of Ocean and Broadway in Santa Monica,
Meat on Ocean is not your traditional world-class steakhouse. We're
exactly what we sound like though, a meat-centric restaurant with
breathtaking views of the Pacific.Here's What We'll Bring To The
- Competitive Salary + Realized Bonus paid out by period [$67K -
$78K, based on experience, plus bonus]
- Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Life
insurance, and Pet Healthcare Savings Account
- 401k with a Match
- Education Reimbursement
- Accrued Vacation and Sick Days
- Dining Discount for you and up to 5 guestsOur managers are held
at a high standard with clear expectations to be the leader of the
restaurant, the ambassadors or our product and the executor of our
hospitality. As the Senior Manager, you will be an integral member
of our management team. You will support our seamless service while
continuing to develop and coach your crew. You will be the expert
for the front of house operations of the restaurant, you will be
the go-to person when the General Manager is not in the building
and you will partner with the kitchen to execute quality product
and service to each guest.Once hired, you will be joining a stable
company that has a proven track record of developing successful
operators over the past 35 plus years. You will be fully trained in
financial acumen, quality assurance, daily operations, and
leadership. You will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of
operations from sophisticated operating systems to managing a
product centric menu, to the behind-the-scene process of creating
cutting edge restaurant designs and concepts.Your career path is
driven by your own goals and we are prepared to give you all the
tools needed to take you to any level of leadership you desire. A
successful manager with us is "standards-driven" and vigilant,
showing a high-level of integrity in their work. They always
interact with crewmembers and Guests in a professional manner and
take a positive approach to resolving issues.Essential
- Oversees the daily operations from ordering, purchasing,
receiving, storage, and preparation of all food products to guest
relations, flow of business, and service standards.
- Oversees the flow of the business during business hours. Being
active in all areas of the restaurant (front desk, bar/lounge,
kitchen, and main dining room) for the whole dining period. Walking
the building to ensure all areas of service are being met to
company standards and course correcting when needed.
- Responsible for financial operations of restaurant: accuracy of
safe, change orders, and bar banks, reconciliation of tips, coding
invoices, calling vendors when needed, manages one operating
account and troubleshooting variances.
- Responsible for all human resource related to the crew.
- Forecasting the need for product based on inventory counts
- Writes the schedules for at least one of the workgroups:
Server, Bartender, Host, Busser, supervisors
- Participates in creativity of developing incentive programs,
generating sales and marketing services.
- Ensures that all food products meet company recipe
specifications for preparation and quality.
- Recognition of crewmembers (coaching)
- Makes labor management decisions each shift
- Participates in interviews and selection of new crew.Essential
- At least 21 years of age.
- Four years of experience as a Manager in any industry.
- Two years of experience as a Manager in full service, high
- College degree in a related field, i.e., business or hotel and
restaurant management, preferred.
- Flexible schedule required?able to work nights, weekends and
- Good longevity in current and past positions
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs., 10-20 is typical
- Ability to carry up to 120 feet
- Ability to reach up to 6 feet, 4 is typical
- Ability to work off counter heights of 36 - 42 inches
- Ability to move through 24 inch aisles and spaces as small as
Keywords: Meat on Ocean, Santa Monica , Senior Restaurant Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!