Clinical Outreach Coordinator
Company: Zinnia Health
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Team FocusThe Clinical Outreach Coordinator must be able to support and work cohesively with their counterparts as well as with the other departments at Zinnia Health. Business development demands a working relationship with every department at Zinnia Health.
* Must be able to work with your Business Development colleagues without conflict* Must be able to support and provide constructive insight to your CO colleagues
* Must be able to identify
* Must be able to collaborate with admissions, clinical, and management departments easily
* Must always maintain a neutral perspective or one that is deemed an appropriate stance for the company
The Clinical Outreach Coordinator must be able to elicit business from professionals in a manner that is sensitive to the nature of our product while distinguishing our program as the best provider for that population.
* Ability to follow steps of the sales cycle: - Prospecting leads: researching, web tools
- Qualify leads: ask pointed questions
- Setting the appointment
- Building a rapport: bring a gift, sense the tone, practice active listening skills, and make the presentation interactive
- Conducting needs analysis: ask what is most important to them, probing questions
- Making the presentation/overcoming objections: ask what programs they have referred to, what did they like about them
- Closing: ask for the business
- Follow up: send emails, and notes when relevant events or topics may be of interest to them
The Clinical Outreach Coordinator is required to present themselves with distinction. In order to stay ahead of the competition, Clinical Outreach Coordinators must be able to utilize their creativity for individual presentations and company promotion.* Change it up - incorporate new elements, and visual aids into your presentations
* Plan events that represent the program that is fun and create intrigue
Marketing PlanThe Clinical Outreach Coordinator must be able to create an annual marketing plan that identifies annual and quarterly goals that are achieved by clear objectives and tactics. The plan should include:* Admission spreadsheet identifying active accounts with current admissions and projected admissions/growth for the year
* Regional obstacles
* Opportunities for growth* Annual goals with quarterly plans to achieve goals
Self-MotivationThe Clinical Outreach Coordinator must be able to take initiative and actively seek new business leads. This department operates remotely, and each representative is responsible for cultivating their own business and thereby determining their own success.
* Must be able to initiate daily and weekly business efforts with enthusiasm* Must be able to operate independently without prompting or reminders of deadlines
A successful business development rep has the ability to build a rapport quickly with any person they encounter. This will allow for an easier communication process.
* Success is identified through responding to active listening skills
* Keep it real - be yourself
* Make deposits - leave the conversation making people feel energized
* Keep it brief - nail the key messages
Problem Solving/Conflict Resolution/Crisis ManagementDue to the nature of Zinnia Health's business, and the role of business development representatives must have the ability to quickly assess and calmly and professionally respond to a variety of situations while acting on behalf of and protecting the company.
* Must be able to identify appropriate responses to any issue or conflict that arises
* Must be able to maintain a level head and rational thought process to arrive at a resolution* Must be quick and efficient at resolving internal and external issues
* Must involve appropriate managers and clinical staff to resolve conflicts or provide additional support to solutions
The Clinical Outreach Coordinator must always demonstrate and act with honesty and kindness. Business Development does not have daily supervision or necessarily daily interaction with management and is therefore expected to complete their business as expected.
* Must conduct themselves on a daily basis with honesty
* Must be able to participate in meaningful conversations without being disparaging about other programs or individuals
* Must work and complete business on a daily basis as they say they will as demonstrated by calendar entries (spot checked by supervisors)
* Must complete to the best of their ability the weekly and monthly activity quotas
* Must utilize company property appropriately and provide documentation for purchases
The Clinical Outreach Coordinator must be efficient in scheduling their time so as to effectively and thoroughly cover their business territories while keeping up with required reporting and communication. Demonstrated by:
* Achieving monthly activity quota: 40 face-to-face meetings, 3 events, and 1 tour each month
* Efficient and effective weekly planning to achieve an average of 10 face-to-face meetings and 1 event each week
* Reports are completed and submitted on time including - Salesforce data entry by Monday morning at 8 am
- End of month reports (credit card, mileage, reimbursements) by the 5th of every month
- Quarterly strategic marketing plan due 1 day of the last month of the quarter
* Accurate entry of new business contacts including complete information:
- Key facts of business
- Telephone number
- Email address - Region number
* Appropriate activity documentation including significant correspondence, marketing activity, and appropriate relationship information
Presentation SkillsThe Clinical Outreach Coordinator is required to present company information in a variety of settings including 1:1 meetings, small conferences, and large conferences. Representatives need to have the ability to disseminate company information eloquently and efficiently to small and large audiences. Successfully demonstrated by the audience demonstrating active listening skills and eventually, referrals.
* Able to assess the needs of the audience and tailor presentation appropriately
* Engage the audience as demonstrated by the presence of active listening
* Must be able to articulate company/program strengths, key messages, and history in various settings.
Individual meetings are the most effective outreach tool. The ability to establish a rapport with a clinician or program and maintain that rapport is extremely valuable.
* Set a meeting with the appropriately screened candidate
* Conduct needs analysis
* Review Zinnia Health key messages
* Bring appropriate collaterals including:
- Business Card
- RTC brochures
- IOP brochures
- Lunch, Snacks, flowers (Must bring something)
* Follow up appropriately according to their ability to refer
Events are the second most effective outreach tool. The ability to create an event that is meaningful to the referring company and representative of Zinnia Health in an intimate or appropriate way is significant in this field. An event is defined by 6 or more in attendance
* Invitations to Zinnia Health events should be sent out 8 weeks in advance
* Events can include but are not limited to:
- Lunches - In-service presentations o CE presentations
- Open House
- Holiday Event - Co-Hosted event. Co-sponsor must be an active referral source or a respected program in the community. All co-sponsors must be cleared by the supervisor/director.
* Event follow-up to occur by email or writing within 2 weeks of the event
ConferencesIdentify appropriate conferences for Zinnia Health to participate in and submit to the Supervisor/Director for approval.
* Set up the booth in a creative and enticing manner. This should include:
- Pop-up (general information) - Banners
- Table cloth
- Collaterals: all materials
- Appropriate interactive station: be creative
* Set up appropriate conference events, i.e. dinner, entertainment
* Attend appropriate educational sessions for personal growth as well as networking opportunities * Set up individual meetings with new or existing referral sources during the conference
* Set up an area for other referents to drop cards in to be included on Zinnia Health mailing lists
* Conduct follow-up with all participants from the conference within 2 weeks of the conference. This should include:
- Brochure mailing
- Invitation to a local event if appropriate
Expectations1. DEPENDABILITY - Employees can be counted on to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner with little supervision. Accepts responsibility when necessary to see that the job gets done.2. ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY - Is prompt and on time for work, assignments, and meetings. Notifies supervisor prior to lateness or absence. Understands that excess absence poses a hardship on other employees.3. JOB SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE - Employee completes all chart-related documents and correspondence for assigned clients in a timely manner.
4. QUANTITY AND QUALITY OF WORK - Cares about the quality and accuracy of work being produced. Accepts responsibility for completing job tasks. Uses time productively and efficiently. The employee works cooperatively with other employees and can effectively multi-task across various responsibilities.5. ATTITUDE - Demonstrates a cooperative, positive, and enthusiastic attitude toward fellow employees, clients, and visitors. Maintains a positive attitude in carrying out assignments and is helpful and courteous to fellow employees.6. CONFIDENTIALITY - Know and follows confidentiality law and procedures at all times.
7. COMMUNICATION SKILLS - This is effective in written and oral expression. Demonstrates proper telephone etiquette and is able to communicate easily with clients, referral sources, and visitors in an appropriate manner. Relates to clients and co-workers in a respectful and professional manner.
8. CONDUCT - Conducts one's self in a manner consistent with the agency's code of ethics and code of conduct. Shows professionalism in an office setting.9. FLEXIBILITY / HANDLING EMERGENCIES - Responds well to changing situations or routines. Handles crisis situation calmly and professionally.
CompetenciesTo perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
* Problem-solving-the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers, analyzes, and documents complex business processes. As well as interpreting relevant data and information
* Oral communication-the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills, and conducts productive meetings
* Accountability-the individual completes work assignments on time, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations, and monitors activities assigned to himself.* Leadership-the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well and accepts feedback from others. As well as the ability to make effective decisions under pressure.* Management skills-the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating, and process improvement; makes self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.* Quality management-the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. And has the ability to think analytically as well as be a problem solver.
* Judgment - the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.* Planning/organizing-the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans.
* Safety and security-the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Minimum QualificationsEducation / Experience
* 1-3 years of marketing experienceCertificates and Licenses* NoneKnowledge
* Advanced skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
Work Environment CharacteristicsThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Noise Level - usually quiet* Physical Demands - the employee is frequently required to sit; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 poundsSummary:
The Clinical Outreach Coordinator represents Zinnia Health in the professional and public sectors. More often than not, business development representatives are the first impression of the company. This person should always act with integrity, honesty, and professionalism equivalent to the care that Zinnia Health offers at their treatment facilities. In addition to the communication, presentation, and sales skills required to be successful in this position, this individual must be self-motivated, yet have the ability to work well with a team, be creative and execute all their activities with precision and professionalism. Zinnia Health business development representatives must always be able to offer constructive insight, support their colleagues and business contacts while being creative, and have the ability to set themselves and the company apart. In short, business development representatives play a crucial role within the company that requires them to work well with every department internally and navigate all potential business and client relationships with the eloquence and professionalism that will garner trust and long-term relationships.
$45,000 - $80,000 yearly
Keywords: Zinnia Health, Santa Monica , Clinical Outreach Coordinator, Healthcare , Santa Monica, California
here to apply!