Coordinator Clinical Care
Company: Providence Health & Services
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Clinical Coordinator (Full time/Day Shift) -
Providence Saint Johns Medical Foundation in Santa Monica, CA.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE screening and
interview system. We are seeking for a Clinical Coordinator who
will be responsible for supervising daily operations of the site,
including supporting and interpreting policies and procedures,
philosophy and objectives with physicians, patients and families in
coordination with the site manager. In this position you will:
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and
procedures for the site.
- Represent the site in handling complaints and internal/external
- May supervise and coordinate clinical operations, including
managing patient flow through designated clinical areas and
- Collaborate and act as a focal point with physicians/providers
to provide appropriate services to meet individual patient
- Provide input for staff performance appraisals. Participate in
the hiring, firing and disciplinary process and determines, with
site manager, an effective staffing complement. Maintain employee
chronological file and staffing schedules. Is responsible for
completing payroll requirements, following policy and
- Assess and document educational needs of staff and/or patients.
Coordinate the inservices for staff and make recommendations to
site manager for patient education.
- Orient new employee to the site and to physician/provider in a
timely fashion and in adherence to the policy and procedures for
- Supervise clinical and non-clinical purchases to ensure
appropriate inventory within the guidelines of the annual operating
- Participate in any committees, task forces and special meetings
as deemed necessary by manager or supervisor.
- May assist in the accounts payable process, as per policy and
procedures of the site.
- Documentation/Information Management: Utilize MIS systems
according to policy and procedure. May train staff on MIS systems
as appropriate and as requested by supervisor. Appropriate care and
maintenance of MIS system needs to be observed at all times.
- Demonstrate awareness of risk management policies and
procedures and seeks guidance in handing all situations.
- Problem solving. Take initiative in solving problems by
effectively utilizing staff and system resources. Seek assistance
immediately from supervisor if unable to solve problems
- Provide direction to staff by coordinating appropriate level of
care and efficient use of staff resources.
- Keep abreast of department policies and procedures by
positively participating in monthly staff meetings and inservices.
Participate in at least one Human Resource Education Program per
- Assume responsibility and accountability for own professional
growth. This includes maintaining licenses as relevant, and
completing all required in-service programs. Attends all staff
- Performance Improvement:
- Participate in CQI and/or quality management activities as
identified by supervisor.
- Promote collegial working relationships among all health care
discipline to achieve positive patient outcome and continuous
- Budgetary: Participate in the preparation and adherence of the
annual capital and operating budget. Required qualifications for
this position include:
- 2 years of current experience in health care setting with
experience in capitation and non-capitation insurance.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT Coding
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates a high level of skill using standard desktop
applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Typing/Keyboarding skills of 35 wpm
- Must be able to deal effectively with all levels of LCM
personnel, the public and physicians Preferred qualifications for
this position include:
- Certified coder
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- 1 year of general medical assisting About the location you will
serve: Providence Saint John's Medical Foundation is an integrated,
not-for-profit network of medical clinics and affiliated services,
servicing the greater Santa Monica and Los Angeles area. The
Foundation is expected to continue to grow in the next several
years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to
support that objective. We offer a full comprehensive range of
benefits - see our website for details -
Providence At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of "Know
me, care for me, ease my way." Working at our family of
organizations means that regardless of your role, we'll walk
alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support
others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an
inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is
essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers
(all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and
a full range of health and social services across Alaska,
California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a
comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people,
advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year
tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Requsition ID:
P363416 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category: Administrative
Support Job Function: Administration Schedule: Full time Shift: Day
Career Track: Admin Support Department: 7008 CARDIOLOGY CA SANTA
MONICA Address: CA Santa Monica 2001 Santa Monica Blvd Providence
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability,
veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin,
sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status,
genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state,
or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Santa Monica , Coordinator Clinical Care, Healthcare , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!