Specialty Surgical Coordinator *$10,000 Hiring Bonus*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Providence is calling a Specialty Surgical
Coordinator with focus in ENT/EYES/PLASTICS for a Full-Time/Day
Shift to Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA $10,000
Sign-On Bonus Eligible to External Candidates! $5,000 Referral
Bonus Eligible to all Caregivers Apply Today! Applicants that meet
qualifications will receive an email with some additional questions
from our Modern Hire system Please upload a current resume
reflecting all relevant experience. We are seeking a Specialty
Surgical Coordinator who will be under the general supervision of
the Director and Charge Nurse, the Non-RN Specialty Coordinator, is
a professional Surgical Technician with demonstrated peri-operative
clinical expertise and competence. Assists the clinical staff in
case preparation activities. Plans and coordinates intra-operative
care for patients undergoing surgical intervention. Participates
ordering and maintaining surgical supply inventory. Ensures the
order, functionality, and availability of OR supplies and
equipment. Establishes an effective line of communication with
sales representatives, surgeons, ancillary staff and peers.
Participates in select patient care activities such as scrubbing,
positioning, room turnovers and transporting. Works collaboratively
with the Director in meeting the department's budgetary objectives
In this position you will:
- Scrub in various surgical specialties.
- Assist with the coordinating of equipment, supplies, team
training and troubleshooting.
- Observe work ethic in regard to surgical aseptic
- Inspect OR suites daily for cleanliness, functionality and
- Coordinate team to inspect for outdated supplies.
- Collaborate with SPD and Materials Coordinators to ensure
needed instrumentation and supplies are ordered and available.
- Assist with the orientation and continued education of other
- Take corrective action when violations to operating room
principles occur and informed supervisors.
- Communicate with the Charge RN and Director.
- Ensure surgeon preference cards are updated and accurate.
- Assistwith the organization of supplies to ensure Lean
- Ensure all future cases picked appropriately.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for own
professional practice in regard to:
- Attendance, punctuality and patient confidentiality.
- Positive public relation image and working relationships.
- Obtaining necessary knowledge and skill needed to maintain
competence and certifications.
- Completing all mandatory requirements, including annual safety
programs, CPR, infection control and annual physical.
- Participate in the development and attainment of team,
department and hospital goals including:
- Attending and participating in division meetings.
- Volunteering or accepting assignments for projects.
- Mission, vision and team ground rules. Required qualifications
for this position include:
- Graduation from a school of Surgical Technology.
- 5 years Surgical Technician.
- Certificate of Surgical Technology
- Knowledge of surgical equipment and supply management.
- Maintains an effective interdepartmental and public
relationship by keeping open lines of communication.
- Anticipates needs of the team and ensuring smooth operational
flow (i.e., transports patients to OR to meet turnaround
- Initiates problem resolution for identified opportunities for
improvement or difficult interpersonal situations.
- Demonstrates consistent professional attitude in all
interactions (including conflicts) with patients, families,
physicians and co-workers.
- Participates in monthly departmental in-services and
coordinating specialty team meetings and in-services.
- Responds to identified team and/or patient care needs by
directly assisting staff members without being so directed.
- Adapts and accommodates to changes in daily routine without
- Ability to deal effectively with many people across a broad
range of cultural backgrounds and ages.
- Ability to work independently with little or no
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to work effectively with many people at various levels
of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and appropriately
- Ability to clearly communicate with internal and external
customers, including, but not limited to, patients, co-workers,
management, physicians, and visitors.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy in
accordance to hospital policy. Preferred qualifications for this
- Lead Technician experience. About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California,
is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated,
not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics,
home health services, affiliated services and educational
facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942,
Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for
clinical excellence across many disciplines. The 266-bed health
center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800
employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to
providing quality care for all. About Providence At Providence, our
strength lies in Our Promise of "Know me, care for me, ease my
way." Working at our family of organizations means that regardless
of your role, we'll walk alongside you in your career, supporting
you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits
and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and
everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000
caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000
clinics and a full range of health and social services across
Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and
Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are
serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our
more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: P342369 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category:
Surgical/Perioperative Services Job Function: Clinical Care
Schedule: Full time Shift: Day Career Track: Clinical Support
Department: 7006 PSJHC SURGERY Address: CA Santa Monica 2121 Santa
Monica Blvd Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age,
creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other
basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Santa Monica , Specialty Surgical Coordinator *$10,000 Hiring Bonus*, Healthcare , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!