Case Manager - Mental Health
Company: St. Joseph Center
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: November 19, 2021
- 1450 20th St, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
- Full-time Company Description Background Since 1976, St. Joseph
Center has been meeting the needs of low-income and homeless
individuals and families in Venice and throughout Los Angeles
County. The Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community organization
that assists people without regard for religious affiliation or
lack thereof through 20+ programs in four pillars of service:
Outreach and Engagement, Housing Services, Mental Health, and
Education and Vocational Training. St. Joseph Center serves more
than 10,000 people each year.-- Brief Description of Principal
Activities Multifaceted intervention, prevention, mental health,
and housing assistance is offered through street outreach and 9
service sites throughout Los Angeles County. St. Joseph Center also
provides on-site services at five permanent supportive housing
developments, and will provide services at an additional six more
sites in the coming year. St. Joseph Center's total holistic
approach to services provide our clients with the help they need to
regain their stability. Job Description Job Summary The Case
Manager works as a team member with several social service
professional and paraprofessional staff ensuring the delivery of
quality care in accordance to the rules and regulations established
as well as adhering to the mission of St. Joseph Center. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES The Case Manager's key areas of
responsibility include:-- Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and maintain strong ties to the community, law
enforcement, and other homeless service providers.
- Link clients to appropriate bridge/interim housing programs and
assist them in completing required paperwork in order to enroll
them in permanent housing-related programs.
- Provide case management and supportive services to meet the
needs of each individual.
- Build trust and rapport with individuals experiencing
- Link clients to physical health, mental health, and other
supportive services. Assist clients to enroll in mainstream
benefits and obtain identification (i.e. California Driver's
License, Social Security Card).
- Provide skill building, life skills, and rehabilitation
services to individuals and groups.
- Keep highly organized files for each client and enter
appropriate data within agency and funder compliance.
- Provide bus tokens, bus passes, taxi vouchers, and/or direct
transportation as needed.--
- Participate in case conferencing meetings and other community
- Coordinate with other outreach teams in joint outreach
efforts.-- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The
duties and responsibilities listed are designed to provide typical
examples of the work performed; not all duties and responsibilities
assigned are included here, nor is it expected that all similar
positions will be assigned every duty and responsibility.
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter. The ability to
communicate with and relate to a diverse group of people including
clients, community, and other staff. Must have excellent
organizational skills and the capability to work in a fast paced
- Knowledge of homeless services and resources. Demonstrated
knowledge and experience with Harm Reduction, Motivational
Interviewing, Critical Time Intervention, and Housing First.
- A bilingual background is a plus.
- The position requires an ability to work flexible hours
including some early mornings and evenings. Experience:
- Experience providing services to highly vulnerable populations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
Psychology, Social Work, Human Services or a related field. Direct
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.--
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook) Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid California Class C Driver License to carry out
job-related essential functions.
- Valid automobile liability insurance. Travel Requirements:
- Travel to meet with clients as needed.
- Travel to meetings at multiple St. Joseph Center sites and at
community partner locations as needed. The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to
stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below
shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making
and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on
occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs. Additional Information
Status: Full-Time/Exempt-- Employment with St. Joseph Center is
contingent on completion of satisfactory--background check. For
consideration, please submit cover letter and resume. St. Joseph
Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. All
applicants for employment are invited to voluntarily self-identify
their gender, race, ethnicity, and veteran status, by completing
the EEO Information. Providing your EEO Information is voluntary
and refusal to self-identify will not subject applicants to any
adverse treatment. Similarly, applicants who do self-identify will
not be subject to any adverse treatment based on the information
they provide. St. Joseph center invites you to review the current
"EEO is The Law" poster as part of the application process. A link
to the current poster is located here.
- 1450 20th St, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Keywords: St. Joseph Center, Santa Monica , Case Manager - Mental Health, Healthcare , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!