Region Manager, Onsite Service - Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America Careers
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: November 20, 2023
KARL STORZ is currently seeking a Region Manager, On-site Service
to join the Field Service Department's Protection 1 - Services
Group. This person will manage our team of On-site Endoscopic
Specialists based in the Central US territory.
Hired candidate can reside anywhere in Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX,
Oklahoma, or Louisiana. With travel throughout the North Texas
Reporting to the Area Manager, Onsite Services, the primary
responsibility of this role is to manage a team of Onsite
Endoscopic Specialists that will provide onsite service support for
Protection 1 - to KSEA clients.
It is the responsibility of the manager to carry out company
policies the Onsite Endoscopic Specialist (OES) team. It is the
manager's responsibility to assist the team in reaching assigned
repair goals in a fiscally prudent way by interfacing with KSEA
sales repair administration and logistics. The manager is also
responsible for all operating expense management, as well as
hiring, training and the daily personnel management in their
- Ensure KARL STORZ Service goals and benchmarks are achieved for
all On-site Endoscopic Specialists within the defined
- Provide daily supervision of all field based On-site Endoscopic
Specialists ensuring that all KARL STORZ policies and procedures
- Interface with all On-site Endoscopic Specialists accounts on a
regular basis, developing relationships with key hospital staff and
surgeons to ensure Service needs meet the customer's
- Develop contingency plans for team time off and provide support
and coverage as needed for all accounts.
- Provide support to the OES team during large preventive
maintenance checks and Health Stream in-services.
- Assist in managing audits and inventory control.
- Manage On-site Endoscopic Specialist teamwork schedules to
ensure adequate coverage and support for all accounts.
- Encourage consistent quality improvement and learning for the
On-site Endoscopic Specialist team.
- Act as a partner to KARL STORZ Sales and On-site Endoscopic
Specialist teams to manage instrument repair issues within accounts
- Gather and track key, relevant hospital account data and
summarize to supervisor. Metrics and status will be delivered in a
timely manner to reflect the dynamic and changing needs of the
- Collaborate and strategize with sales executives to improve
customer service experience within the OR setting.
- Timely and effectively communicate customer pain points, as
well as provide feasible proposals on improvement.
- Observe, collect, and communicate key data on competitive
- Monitor OES daily activity, ensuring OES is providing maximum
value to the customer by educating and training staff in surgical
instrumentation care and handling practices.
- Conduct yearly performance reviews for On-site Endoscopic
- Identify, develop, and train staff on potential new service
- Partner with Human Resources to counsel/coach any performance
issues as deemed necessary. REQUIREMENTS
Our successful candidate will have excellent written and spoken
English language business communication skills. They will also have
demonstrated success working in a collaborative, service-oriented
Additional requirements include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum education level of a bachelor's degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in medical repair or sales;
preferred background in surgical technology, central sterile
processing, or nursing.
- Knowledge of service-related call-points i.e. Central
Processing Dept, Operating Room and Bio-Med.
- Ability to manage OES field activities included but not limited
to, daily troubleshooting of operating room equipment, preventative
maintenance checks, in services and reporting.
- Recruiting/interviewing skills.
- Possess training skills.
- Budgeting and expense control skills.
- Ability to provide input toward the on-going development and
expansion of the On-site Endoscopic Specialist program.
- Ability to critique and set direction for the On-site
Endoscopic Specialist team.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in related software
including MS Office and SAP.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a project management
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to
multi-task. Essential Function
- Must be able to maintain productive working relationships and
treat fellow employees with respect.
- Has contact with: Both internal and external customers
- Physical requirement/Demands: Must be able to be on their feet
for extended periods of time including going up and down stairs and
navigating multiple departments within the hospital facility.
- Mental requirements/Emotional Demands: Must be able to work in
the perioperative arena with exposure to sounds, sights, and smells
and have the ability to remain calm during stressful
- Interpersonal and communication skills: Must have solid
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Successful completion of a background check and drug test for
safety sensitive positions.
- This position requires daily driving to geographically
- Candidates must have a valid driver's license in the state
where the vehicle will be operated or in the state of residence.
Preferred, not required:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a management/supervisory
level role or equivalent experience. #LI-KM1
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state-of-the-art wellness
program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks vacation, 11 holidays plus paid sick time*
- Up to 8 weeks of 100% paid company parental leave**
- 401(k) retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the
employee's first 6% contribution (up to IRS limits)
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- We prepay your tuition up to $5,250 per year! - Tuition
- Fitness reimbursement of up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
*Field sales, internships, and part-time employees are not eligible
except where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not
eligible to participate in the KARL STORZ benefits program.
**To include, maternal/paternal leave, adoption, and fostering of a
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's
job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during
the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its
supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside
their normal description within the sole discretion of the
supervisor. Employees must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ
policies and procedures.
Credentialing requirements at KARL STORZ
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for
our employees and customers. Most field-based roles at KARL STORZ
require hospital credentialing/health screens as a condition of
employment. Credentialing can include required vaccinations, health
screens & other requirements as outlined by our customers. During
the interview process, we encourage you to ask how
credentialing/health screens may impact the role you are seeking
and if you require any reasonable accommodations regarding these
The pay range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
posting and may be modified in the future. When determining a
specific team member's base salary and/or hourly pay rate, several
factors will be considered including such things as location,
specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education,
professional credentials, internal equity, and the amount budgeted
for the role.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where
employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To
achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices, and all
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any
other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to
providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process.
Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at
Get in Contact
Keywords: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America Careers, Santa Monica , Region Manager, Onsite Service - Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!