Category Development Manager
Company: Red Bull
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Company DescriptionReporting to the Director of Category
Development, you will build consumer and customer-focused
strategies, tactics, and category grounded solutions. You will
conduct high-quality analysis and combine multiple data sources to
produce insights.Job DescriptionCATEGORY DEVELOPMENT
- Cultivate business relationships with external retailer
contacts that establish us as the indispensable partner for all
category management needs.
- Build comprehensive knowledge of the products, attributes,
strategies, and trends in the marketplace for your assigned
categories online and offline.
- Oversee development of online and offline
assortment/merchandising optimization, new product introductions,
seasonal programs, and pricing/promotional
- Use data from multiple sources to create impactful analytics
and selling stories to identify risks, opportunities, and
performance gaps (ie. distribution, assortment mix, incrementally,
size, shelving, and placement).
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Shopper Marketing, Shopper &
Consumer Insights, Brand, eCommerce, and other Category Leadership
resources to establish performance management including the
streamlining of reporting cadences, macro assessments and
opportunity gap analysis
- Guide execution of our Category Management resources to provide
solutions to establish strategic plans for assigned Customer Teams
and Red Bull Regions.
- Implement Category development programs by leading the dialogue
with Retailers to focus on Category growth opportunities.
- Facilitate the customer business planning process by
integrating with strategic goals.
- Turn insights into actions by analyzing Category plans and
identifying opportunities for us and our retailers to take
- Present Red Bull's Category credentials to important
- Develop an unassailable level of Energy Category and broader
- Provide leading edge Category Management solutions, using and
understanding IRI and Nielsen syndicated scanning data, Household
Panel, market demographic data, customer point-of-sale, loyalty
data, and systems used to produce the information for Category
- Deliver regular Category reviews, plans and strategies with
- Provide insights of sales, pricing, opportunity gaps for
- Manage Planogram creation and store level round table process
for Retailers that are the best for the Category.ANALYSIS
- Deliver analysis on new item introductions and performance
- Provide new product/package mix analysis.
- Develop analysis to highlight merchandising effectiveness,
which includes display and promotion effectiveness.
- Develop regular internal and Retailer specific scorecards and
- Provide ad-hoc category management reporting, trend analysis,
customized reports, and special project work directly to internal /
- Keep up to date with developments and best practices in
Category Management, pursue the knowledge needed to improve
- 3+ years of experience in consumer goods, retail, or syndicated
data with a focus on category management, sales, business
analytics, or shopper insights.
- 2+ years of Food Service / On Premise category experience
- Experience understanding, using, and employing syndicated data,
customer card/POS data, and panel data to guide internal and
external wins through sales and share growth (experience with data
sources such as Nielsen, IRI, NPD, Numerator, 84.51, dunnhumby,
SPINS, Stratum, Spectra/demographics, SPSOneScreen, Symphony Retail
- Additional analytical experience and competencies (i.e.
Tableau, Microsoft Access, PowerBI, ProSpace, SQL, VBA,
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Management,
Accounting, Data Analytics, or related field preferred or
equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Must be fluent in English, additional languages an
advantageAdditional informationThe base salary range for this
position is $102,000 to $113,000 + cash incentivesActual salary
offer may vary based on work experience. The base pay range is
subject to change and may be modified in the future.Our current
Benefits include:Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans,
401k Match, Family Leave, PTO & Paid Holiday Schedule, Pet, Legal,
and Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement(Benefits listed may vary
depending on the nature of your employment and/or work location)Red
Bull North America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, veteran status, age, or any other classification
protected by Federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Red Bull, Santa Monica , Category Development Manager, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!