Associate Manager, Collision
Company: Tesla, Inc.
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: March 17, 2023
What to Expect Associate Manager, Collision - Back of HouseTesla
Collision is seeking an energetic professional with a proven record
of accomplishment of managing people and processes to work on one
of the most progressive vehicle brands in the world. The Collision
Center Back of House Manager is the leader of our collision shop
floor teams. In this role, you will be responsible for leading an
engaged team of technicians while delivering an impeccable service
experience through driving excellent results and delivering
operational efficiency in our collision centers. This position
requires a Clear understanding of Production systems and collision
shop workflow, utilizing critical thought processes and root cause
analysis What You'll Do
- Provide effective supervision and coaching to assigned
technical employees to achieve the required quality and service
output goals. Maintain appropriate shop records and inventories.
Manage the smooth flow of work through the collision center.
- Serve as the process leader for shop activities, ensuring work
standards are defined and systemically improved with input from
collision technicians and the rest of the collision center
- Lead, coach and develop a highly engaged team of
- Partner with Collision Manager to establish targets for
quality, speed and cost in line with customer and business
- Ensure that work standards and available engineering procedures
are current, accurate and that all work is done in compliance to
ensure maximum quality.
- Monitor to ensure that all employees comply with safety
regulations and the collision center's safety program.
- Work with employees to resolve technical and personnel
problems. Schedule employees to effectively meet collision repair
needs and to ensure vacation and other time off consistent with
- Responsible for selecting team members and ensuring they
receive the required training. Conduct regularly scheduled one on
one developmental meetings with team members to facilitate their
professional development and leveling in Chare your career. Monitor
training needs/requirements of the team and individuals and
coordinate training as required in partnership with training team
- Provide effective daily communication in order to keep all team
members working toward the same goals. Communicate to employees all
issues that affect the service center and overall service
- Partner with Collision Manager to scale and grow the production
of the shop in support of company targets
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Collision Manager to
support business. What You'll Bring
- 7-10 years Collision technical aptitude or experience is
- Prior leadership experience in a collision-focused industry
- Ability to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality /
- Able to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities,
establish and achieve goals.
- Ability to lead group root cause problem solving activities and
rapidly develop countermeasures
- Able to effectively interact with customers as required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- One to three years of industrial supervisory or similar
leadership experience preferred.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings weekends
- Experience with Microsoft Office, understanding of repair
estimates. Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or
any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local
laws.Tesla is also committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please
let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point
during the interview process.Privacy is a top priority for Tesla.
We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of
our business. To understand more about the data we collect and
process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent
Privacy Notice .
Keywords: Tesla, Inc., Santa Monica , Associate Manager, Collision, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...