Company: Skydance Media
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Reporting to theVP, HR Operations, the Benefits Managerwill play
an integral role in owning and managing several areas of employee
benefits, including 401(k) Plan Administration, Wellness Programs,
Absence Management, and other employee experience programs and
benefits initiatives across the organization. The Manager is
responsible for providing day-to-day administration of US, and
international benefits (Including Canada and Spain) as well as
managing benefit program strategy, design, and compliance.
- Administers employee benefit programs, such as group medical,
dental, vision, life, accident, disability, voluntary/supplemental
benefits, and 401(k) plan.
- Responds to benefits inquiries on plan provisions, claim
issues, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general
- Partners with payroll department to ensure accuracy of benefit
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and
disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability, CFRA and FMLA.
Comfort level with state-specific leaves a must.
- Leads the annual open enrollment process including
participation in plan reviews, plan decisions, and managing
- Manages implementation of new benefit programs and employee
information presentations and enrollments.
- Works closely with TPA's and record keepers on testing,
reporting, and 5500's filing.
- Assists with ad hoc reports and projects as needed (i.e. annual
open enrollment, ACA filing).
- Manages the reconciliation and audit billing process for all
bills related to benefits.
- Creates more efficient benefits business processes to support a
complex, multi-divisional organization, including physical
- Manages ACA filing and compliance.
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of all legally
required documents (e.g., summary plan descriptions, plan
- Monitors federal and state regulations concerning benefits
administration in partnership with Legal to ensure
- Excellent understanding of benefits plans, and compliance
requirements (FMLA, ACA, HIPAA, federal and state laws).
- 5+ years of increasingly responsible experience in the design,
development, and implementation of benefit programs.
- Familiarity with fully insured arrangements, as well as
self-funded medical plans and their ACA reporting
- Ability to maintain professional and approachable demeanor to
effectively handle sensitive employee inquiries and maintain
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible, self-motivated with strong
organizational skills.Skydance is a diversified media company
founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality,
event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings
to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film,
television, interactive, and animation divisions.Skydance is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and
fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome
and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status,
pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other
protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a
commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our
world special. Recruitment Fraud AlertIt has come to our attention
that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating
our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you either
from our "@skydance.com" email addresses or from the "@lever.co"
email addresses of our candidate tracking system. If you suspect
that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe
that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do
not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any
questions or concerns to our information security team at.
Keywords: Skydance Media, Santa Monica , Benefits Manager, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...