Sales Training Manager
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)
Job Code: 12671
Pay Grade: US-C18
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a
family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by
advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 75 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning
its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers,
manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on
visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical
KARL STORZ is currently looking for a Sales Training Manager
(Facilitation Manager) who will be an expert in the analysis,
design, development, facilitation and evaluation of training
materials and programs supporting internal customers within the
Sales and Marketing departments of KARL STORZ Endoscopy America
(KSEA). The Sales Training Manager works within a core learning and
development support team, made up of the Director, Senior Manager-
Sales Training, National Field Training Manager, Senior Manager,
Instructional Content and Training, department Sales Training
Managers, Instructional Designers, and other project or
This team works closely with internal and external
partners/stakeholders to ensure best fit and alignment of
developed/implemented learning programs and other offerings. This
position resides within the Training and Sales Enablement
department which is a part of the Revenue Operations team based out
of our El Segundo, CA office.
- Designs/develops/revises training materials and programs that
integrate adult learning theory, interactive activities, job aids,
and include competency-based evaluations (reaction, learning, and
- Facilitates training programs for Sales and Marketing
- Works collaboratively with the Training and Sales Enablement
team to assess existing learning and development curricula and
offerings and compare/contrast with immediate, medium, and
longer-term business needs, strategic goals, and anticipated
- Continually assesses and analyzes training needs for gaps,
develops creative and innovative solutions, and provides
- Evaluates effectiveness of training using evaluation/assessing
- Partners with the Leadership Team and Subject Matter Experts to
improve on-the-job and project-specific training
- Prepares detailed plans by project or assignment, to include
timelines, milestone deliverables, as well as required resources to
complete each project or assignment.
- Reviews plans with Training and Sales Enablement team and
internal stakeholders to insure multi-party input and
- Consistently stays abreast of commercial and other business
developments, to include external marketplace changes/developments,
and uses where appropriate.
- Reviews/assesses existing learning and development offerings
versus new, extended, or enhanced opportunities.
- Coaches and mentors Subject Matter Experts on best practices
for providing training for adults.
- Presents regular training updates to leadership on progress of
internal training programs.
- Actively seeks feedback from all levels within assigned
department to keep communication open and timely.
- Actively identifies and participates in various training and
development programs and other offerings, groups, or activities
that will enable continued development of his/her technical skills
as well as product and business-specific related knowledge.
- Follows all laws, regulations, and policies that govern the
conduct of all activities. Is accountable for being fully
knowledgeable of all relevant policies and for abiding by them.
- Bachelor's degree
- Masters or other related graduate-level degree preferred.
- Certified Trainer and/or facilitator preferred.
- Three+ years work experience in the design, development, and
implementation of training programs.
- A minimum of five years previous experience in the
pharmaceutical, biotech, device, or other related industry.
- Previous experience with individual and team performance
coaching and consulting.
- Experience with mobile Sales Enablement technologies (video
coaching, on-demand resources, learning sustainment).
- Strong presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, and
adept at managing multiple and/or changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to relate
to others as a teacher and leader.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Have a demonstrated ability to work well both independently and
within a team.
- Possess strong analytical skills and incisive thinking.
- Proven track record for meeting or exceeding objectives and
- Available for up to 10% travel
Vaccine requirements at KARL STORZ due to COVID-19
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for
our employees and therefore we require the COVID-19 vaccine for all
of our employees unless otherwise due to an underlying medical
condition or sincerely held religious beliefs. During the interview
process, we encourage you to ask how COVID-19 may impact the role
you are seeking and if you require a reasonable accommodation
regarding the vaccine requirement see below on the process for
requesting accommodation. Please click here to learn more about our
overall response to COVID-19.
Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state of the art wellness
program and pet insurance, too!
- 3 weeks' vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the
employee's first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
- Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible
except for where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not
eligible to participate in KARL STORZ benefits program.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's
job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during
the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its
supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside
their normal description within the sole discretion of the
supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ
policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where
employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To
achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices and all
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any
other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to
providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process.
Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL
STORZ's Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our
preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance
additional talent options are required. Your respect for this
process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited
Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL
STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral
Keywords: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America, Santa Monica , Sales Training Manager, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!