Sr. Category Manager
Company: Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Sr. Category Manager
Senior Category Manager - Software (Previously Sr. Strategic
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the Global
Procurement function in a fast-paced and dynamic business in the
entertainment industry. Responsible for the leadership,
transformation, strategy, and execution of complex, long-term
category sourcing strategies across Activision, Blizzard and King
technology spend categories.
The role will be responsible for leading the charge to evaluate new
suppliers, to negotiate current contracts with an emphasis on
price, terms, quality, and to execute on consolidation
This individual would work closely with key stakeholders across the
organizations to develop effective cost optimization strategies and
The ideal candidate is an independent, self-motivated leader with a
proven track record of establishing a standard of excellence
aligned to meet objectives of key stakeholders. Demonstrated
ability to source new technologies to improve business operations
while reducing cost to achieve maximum value.
Sr. Category Manager - Software serves as a liaison with internal
business customers and suppliers in the strategies and execution of
high complexity and high-risk sourcing projects related to
Activision Blizzard King's consumption of 3rd party software.
Manage a portfolio of projects, contracts, and internal business
partners to deliver business value and mitigate contractual risk
related to Software and SaaS purchases.
This position will be responsible for various types of Software
agreements, maintenance and related services across the enterprise.
This position will also engage on more complex strategic agreements
and lead the negotiation and contract management of large-scale,
enterprise-wide volume purchase software agreements in the software
* Jointly leads or leads cross functional teams to strategically
select products and suppliers ensuring the best possible price,
quality, service, and overall terms. Pursues opportunities to
reduce costs, minimize risk and improve business conditions. May
lead negotiation and completion of IT Software contracts with
global strategic and preferred suppliers to maximize benefits.
* Demonstrates expertise and business acumen by defining Software
category standards and best practices.
* Partners with internal stakeholders to identify and define their
requirements. Drafts, negotiates and manages complex contracts.
Provides on-going supplier relationship management.
cross-functional management to plan sourcing strategies and
supplier management programs aligned with business objectives.
Analyze various software cost models/options and provide
recommendations to stakeholders.
* Strategy: Develop and Execute detailed Software/SaaS short and
long-term category strategy that expands on the current Preferred
Supplier Program; segmenting spend and buying channel based on the
business needs and effective procurement principles.
* Understand Activision, Blizzard, King technology roadmaps and the
competitive external market for these technologies.
* Demonstrate ability to build strong trusted relationships with
senior internal stakeholders across Activision, Blizzard, King
technology teams. Build and maintain ongoing relationships with
active suppliers and build relationships with potential future
* Oversee development and execution of strategies through the
sourcing process for Activision, Blizzard, King Technology
* Negotiation and management of Software and SaaS contracts of
varying complexity, including financial, contractual (Terms and
Conditions), and commercial terms. Lead the negotiation process for
Software and SaaS contracts, including engaging with suppliers,
functional leaders, legal team, subject matter experts, senior
leadership, as required.
* Manage contracts to ensure that commercial obligations are met
and the process for renewal or replacement of existing agreement is
proactively managed and scalable.
* Proactively seek value/savings opportunities across category
spend, negotiate, and report in the appropriate format
* Consistently seek process optimization and quality of service
opportunities. Drive continuous improvement and change management
* Present to executive leadership as necessary.
* Liaise with legal for the negotiation of large/high risk
agreements to ensure favorable commercial terms.
* Report progress on a weekly basis, indicating work planning and
work in progress. Add agreements, service details and payment
forecasts into procurement systems in a complete and timely
* Work beyond the traditional procurement metrics to achieve
operational and technical improvements to the business process.
* 7+ years of Strategic Sourcing with an emphasis in Software/SaaS
(not transactional) focus, ideally at a global company. Category
Management experience with an emphasis in software and SaaS
including but not limited to various type of Software and related
services including perpetual, term and subscription agreements,
maintenance and support, and other IT products
* 7+ years of procurement/sourcing or contract management
experience leading large-scale, complex and/or regional/global
categories of spend at the enterprise level. Contract negotiation
and management of Software, SaaS, and hosting agreements for a
* Demonstrated experience building trust across a diverse set of
technology disciplines and business units in various global
regions. Strong internal stakeholder management skills - capacity
to listen, build trusting relationships in all levels of the
organization, understand and capture stakeholder's needs and
deliver effective solutions
* Demonstrated success in assessing, negotiating, and managing
vendors, leveraging cross-functional teams.
* Deep market knowledge software contracting trends, licensing
models, and business models.
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of software contract terms
* Strong negotiating skills with the ability to adapt and
* High attention to detail and the exercise of sound judgment and
* Has exceptional written and verbal communications, time
management and interpersonal skills
* Able to synthesize and present complex matters and data analysis
in executive presentation views with insightful commentary.
* Must be willing to train and educate users in new processes,
policies, and procedures or technologies
* Acts as a team advisor and resource for sharing insights, best
practices, tips/tricks, templates, etc.
* ISM or APICS; similar certifications desired but not required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other
basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., Santa Monica , Sr. Category Manager, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!