Publisher Sales Manager
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: September 21, 2022
GumGum is a contextual-first global advertising technology
company that captures people's attention, without the use of
personal data. We believe that a digital advertising ecosystem
based on understanding a consumer's active frame of mind rather
than behavior builds a more equitable and safer future for
consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Founded in 2008,
GumGum is headquartered in Santa Monica, California and operates in
19 markets worldwide. For more information, visit gumgum.com.
The Publisher Sales Manager is focused on closing new partnerships
with top tier publishers across the web, midtail, and key inventory
vertical areas. The role requires a consultative and creative sales
approach to building publisher relationships and driving new
inventory opportunities across GumGum's contextual ad exchange. The
role requires an individual who is able to sell monetization
solutions to senior management teams at publishers across the
This role will own the end-to-end sales process to publishers by
helping to further build inventory opportunities on GumGum's
contextual ad exchange across a portfolio of products such as
display, outstream video, adhesion overlay formats, in-image ads,
and other emerging formats. The role will work closely with the
Senior Manager, Publisher Development to drive and execute deals
with a focus on inventory growth in all product areas.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a 'work from home' virtual
environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and
morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any
requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward.
GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents
in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY,
MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and MN, however
prefer candidates located in either New York or Los Angeles.
What You'll Achieve
* Lead, negotiate and execute new business deals with the largest
web publishers and content owners in the US, Canada, and LATAM.
* Drive a new pipeline of business across top Comscore and Similar
Web 20k publishers.
* Lead negotiations with senior decision makers while presenting
GumGum's portfolio of ad monetization opportunities.
* Conduct new business meetings via Zoom and in-person with
decision makers at owned and operated publishers.
* Document meetings and publisher feedback on behalf of the
publisher development team based on market feedback.
Skills You'll Bring
* 3+ years of work experience closing publisher deals and building
* Ad Tech Industry contacts within programmatic ops, ad ops,
revenue ops, and business development teams at publishers on the
* Has led negotiations with top Comscore publishers.
* Has worked with internal legal teams to redline and negotiate
* Deep understanding of digital products & publisher approaches to
* Familiarity with ad tech trends, the publisher landscape, and how
ad exchanges operate.
* Ability to assess key inventory verticals with limited direction
while hunting for leads and contacts.
* Understands headerbidding and server-to-server auction dynamics
and how it relates to a publishers ad stack.
* Knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and GSuite
* Can work with a high degree of autonomy and ambiguity
* Leads and adjusts through a changing work environment
* Able to be flexible to publisher demands while still meeting
commercial outcomes for GumGum
* Intermediary knowledge of Salesforce and conducting email
* Growth mind-set and focus on execution
* Ownership mentality and proven ability to get things done under
* Ability to be nimble and navigate occasional priority shifts
Benefits & Perks
* Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage including 100% premium
coverage for employee + spouse/family
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
* Paid Parental Leave - Birth parents up to 16-18 weeks. Non-birth
parents up to 10 weeks
* Transitional Return-to-Work Schedule from Parental Leave
* Modern Family Support and Resources
* Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Life Insurance and AD&D
* Stock Incentive Program (role dependent)
* Employee Assistance Program
* Legal and Identity Theft Protection
* Student Loan Repayment Assistance
* Work From Home Stipend
* Wellness Reimbursement
* Flexible Time Off (Unlimited PTO)
* Veterinary Discounts (Pet friendly organization - we love our fur
babies! IG: @dogsofgumgum)
* WeWork monthly pass
* GumGum Gives Back volunteering/social impact opportunities
* Virtual and in-person company events/celebrations
* Anniversary recognition and awards
* Business Travel Accident
Career & Development Focus
* Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such
as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
* Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly
* Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software,
including our own open source software
* Environment of learning from peers, including meetups,
presentations and blog posts
* Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
* Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health /
* Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future
GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
* The VOICE Coalition - through our council committee, The VOICE
Coalition's mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and
inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences
are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic
programming and community involvement. We've created awareness and
appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month,
Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
* BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
* BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
* Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
* Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
* Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Greater LA finalist
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we
believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can
bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity
and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes
us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are
committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and
equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us,
where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to
act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly
striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to
advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum
Keywords: GumGum, Santa Monica , Publisher Sales Manager, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!