Sr Product Manager II, Content Partners
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Job SummaryThe Media Product team is seeking a Sr Product
Manager to drive new content-partner facing capabilities within the
underlying platform that powers Disney+, Hulu, and Star+, and
ESPN+. Our content partners are the creators, studios, and networks
that provide the high-quality sports and entertainment content that
power our content catalog. These partners and the Disney Streaming
operations teams they work with will use the features you build to
optimize the planning, procurement, and management of their content
within our supply chain.Through collaboration with stakeholders in
operations, engineering, and within the team, you will inform the
product roadmap, factoring in business objectives and data to
properly prioritize efforts against stated goals. You will work
closely with the Director and other leads across Media Product, and
DMED Technology in addition to engineering teams in New York, Santa
Monica, and Beijing. You will be highly aligned to our stakeholders
in operations in order to understand their needs and evaluate
opportunities.The ideal candidate is highly analytical,
resourceful, team-oriented, and will have an ability to work
independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will
have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and
successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic
business environment. The ideal candidate makes data-driven
decisions, prioritizes customer needs, forms strong yet loosely
held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business.
We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline
and attention to detail.Responsibilities
- Own the problem space pertaining to content procurement,
content partner management, and partner-facing workflow.
- Identify new opportunities that support domain-level objectives
and KPIs as well as the overarching business priorities of Disney
Streaming and TWDC.
- Define requirements for and enhance functionality for
- Collaborate with engineering teams to translate product
requirements into actionable stories using an Agile product
- Partner with Disney's DMED Technology and Walt Disney Studios
Technology teams on advancing our digital supply chain in ways that
benefit our creators.
- Take a data driven approach to constantly improve our media
pipelines - devise instrumentation, KPIs, and reporting frameworks
and processes to convey to neighbors and stakeholders, as
appropriate to each.
- Maintain strategic insight into the latest industry trends and
working groups for content metadata.Basic Qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience, with 5 or more
years of experience in a product management role.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience delivering user-facing products
that support logistical and/or workflow functions (e.g. content
management, seller-side of a marketplace, operations console).
- Must possess a viewer-first mentality and strong opinions about
good customer experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to use data to drive decisions and back up
assumptions and recommendations.
- Prior success building and executing product roadmaps aligned
with business requirements and technology capabilities in global
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to be scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of
getting your hands dirty and an impulse to be the first to tackle
- Ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical
concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new
- Working knowledge of media content delivery process (playable
components, metadata, images).
- Prior experience working in an operational environment.
- Video encoding and packaging product management or hands-on
- Master's degree preferred.
Keywords: The Walt Disney Company, Santa Monica , Sr Product Manager II, Content Partners, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!