Company: Santa Monica Travel & Tourism
Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: September 17, 2022
The Communications Manager role is an exciting opportunity to
help grow the positive reputation of Santa Monica. This individual
will help lead targeted outreach to local businesses, area
stakeholders, board directors, community members and civic groups
to educate and inform on efforts and initiatives that highlight
Santa Monica as a highly desirable community and travel destination
and fosters engagement with and understanding of Santa Monica
Travel & Tourism as a driver of a sustainable local economy. The
individual in this role supports proactive and reactive community
relations and acts as SMTT liaison within the regional tourism,
non-profit and local community. This position reports directly to
the Director of Communications.
-- - -Hybrid work from home-- - -Cutting edge technology-- -
-Friendly & supportive team members --- - -Training & professional
development --- - -Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K & more-- -
-Beautiful offices in Santa Monica!
- Works with community organizations to increase local awareness
of the economic value of tourism and strengthen SMTT's reputation
in the community.
- Writes speeches, content, articles, scripts, etc. -
- Monitors local press and communication channels to identify
potential issues and recommends courses of action/response.
- Manage PR Coordinator position; oversee assignments and provide
- Proactively identifies needs for community outreach to address
emergent issues. -
- Helps manage updates to crisis communications plan as
- Establishes, maintains, and constantly expands working
relationships with local, regional, and international tourism
industry partners, successfully soliciting their participation in
- Creates and manages editorial calendars and writes for SMTT
owned channels, including website content, social media, and
- Writes and distributes -materials including talking points,
information sheets, and calls for content and participation.
- Analyzes research and global trends to support strategic
outreach efforts and communications with stakeholders.
- Helps provide SMTT frontline staff with current information to
keep them informed of community events, activities, and issues.
- Supports event creation, implementation, and follow up
- Represents SMTT via public presentations and community events
- Tracks and monitors communications data from newsletters and
other outreach and reports the results regularly to senior staff
and stakeholders. - -Recommends and implements improvements as
needed. - -Tracks results and effectiveness of all programs for
which they are responsible.
- Works in collaboration with Director of Communications and
Public Relations Manager to ensure messaging across all SMTT
channels is consistent, compelling, and effective. -
- Maintains and updates stakeholder outreach lists. -
Qualifications & Requirements
- 4-6 years of professional experience in media, public
relations, or marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations,
journalism, or related field.
- Experience directly managing employees and their work. -
- Previous experience working in public facing communications
function with responsibility to interact with numerous and diverse
stakeholder groups. -
- Excellent writing (including AP style) and editing skills
paired with a strong creative sensibility and strategic
- Ability to write compelling content targeted to specific
- Social media savvy.
- International travel experience preferred and foreign language
skills a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple
tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, comfortable with public
speaking, presentations, and on-camera interviews.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, Mac, database
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and possession of a
clean driving record.
- This is an at-will position. As an at-will employer, either
SMTT or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at
any time, for any reason, with or without good cause or advance
- Physical demands and the work environment described here
represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. - -Reasonable
accommodations may be made to engage staff with disabilities to
perform essential functions. - -While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, and
reach with arms and hands. - -Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and
perform repetitive motions 50% of the time.
- We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected
Email a cover letter, resume & desired salary to
-email@example.com -with the subject line
Keywords: Santa Monica Travel & Tourism, Santa Monica , Communications Manager, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!