Location: Santa Monica
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Summary of PositionReporting to SVP, Content Publicity, Events
and Awards, the Vice President, Publicity is responsible for
creating and overseeing a team to execute the communications and
program publicity campaigns for STARZ Original Series. This role
requires a strategic and critical thinker with creative,
out-of-the-box ideas, strong public relations skills and solid
press relationships across multiple platforms. Takes initiative and
ownership of their assignments and is effective at cross-functional
collaboration with different disciplines and stakeholders, and able
to interface effectively with Senior executive team and staff at
all levels. Must have strong written, verbal and organizational
skills; problem solver; good judgment, ability to adapt quickly
under pressure and strong leadership skills.The Vice President,
Publicity will lead and manage the development and implementation
of all efforts around publicity on assigned STARZ Original Series,
including but not limited to developing and executing a
comprehensive PR strategy, press outreach, the writing and
reviewing of press releases, press kits and presentations, events,
crisis management, media exposure for talent and producers, and the
positioning of assigned series with press and in the industry that
elevates the overall STARZ brand.Responsibilities
- Develop and lead press campaigns for STARZ Original Series.
Works closely with SVP of Publicity to develop and supervise the
implementation of goals, strategies, tactics and timelines to
create PR plans for assigned original programming and network
marketing/branding efforts. This includes supporting all original
programming, special programming initiatives, unit publicity,
premieres & screenings and network image efforts in the media.
- Execute effective public relations plans through day-to-day
supervision of publicity staff and agencies/consultants.
- Manage large-scale, high-visibility projects and possess
excellent time management and organization skills, with a
reputation for flawless execution and management
- Collaborate cross-functionally across marketing, social media,
affiliate, events, international, programming and corporate and
brand communications teams.
- Identify and successfully pitch programming, campaigns and
initiatives to media, including long leads, dailies, weeklies and
online publications; as well as secure electronic bookings; respond
timely to media requests.
- Monitor competitive landscape and stay ahead of industry
- Manage and coordinate Festivals (Sundance, TIFF, SXSW, etc.) as
it pertains to your series
- Secure and coordinate media opportunities and brief/prep/media
train talent and producers for media interviews, speaking
opportunities and panels.
- Work closely with the SVP, Publicity on any crises related to
series assigned, including but not limited to writing talking
points, Q&A, statements, etc.
- Support execution of awards campaign strategy for key
series/talent in coordination with the SVP Publicity, Director of
Awards and awards consultants.
- Oversee launch memos and wrap reports for STARZ Original Series
reflecting all press coverage and ad equivalency.
- Liaise with production, affiliates, marketing, and
digital/social teams, maintaining the flow of information across
the various teams. Must possess the ability/willingness to
collaborate across groups and disciplines.
- Travel to and represent STARZ at various events.Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in a related role within a corporate
- Strong leadership skills and ability to navigate and lead
direct reports through challenges effectively.
- Be able and willing to think strategically
- Be a clear and concise communicator - a great writer and clear
talker. Someone who can organize, clarify and communicate ideas
simply, succinctly and accurately with attention to detail
- Have excellent media relationships and a proven track record of
launching successful show campaigns
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills are essential
as is an ability to speak and think clearly and creatively and
generate new ideas on a regular basis.
- Be able to manage multiple shows simultaneously under deadline
and thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Have experience managing agencies, be effective in dealing with
talent, talent reps, journalists and other media influencers
- Have experience managing teams of 3 or more
- Have the ability to think innovatively
- Be able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling
creative ideas and concepts
- Flourish in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different
- Have a point of view
- Be adaptive and willing to change course as needed
- Have integrity, sound judgment and be willing to question
actions inconsistent with company valuesAbout StarzStarz
(www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a
leading global media and entertainment company that produces and
distributes premium streaming content to worldwide audiences across
subscription television platforms. Starz is home to the flagship
domestic STARZ - brand, STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels
and the associated on-demand and online services, including the
highly rated STARZ app. With the launch of the STARZPLAY
international premium streaming platform and STARZ PLAY Arabia,
Starz is expanding its global footprint in a growing number of
territories. Sold through multichannel video distributors,
including cable operators, satellite television providers,
telecommunications companies, and other online and digital
platforms, Starz offers subscribers more than 7,500 distinct
premium television episodes and feature films, including STARZ
Original series, first-run movies and other popular programming.Our
- Full Coverage - Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Work/Life Balance - generous sick days, vacation days,
holidays, and Impact Day
- 401(k) company matching
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)EEO
StatementLionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All
employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their
qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws.
In addition, Lionsgate will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities. Lionsgate will consider
for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a
manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and
Keywords: Starz, Santa Monica , VP, Publicity, Executive , Santa Monica, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!